Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 520 mail sync issue (IMAP)

Sapsa
Accepted Solution

Lumia 520 mail sync issue (IMAP)

Lumia 520 tries to synchronize email but it's not working. Phone asks mail password again and again and says there is some problem with imap settings. Althoug the settings are correct and the same settings are working perfectly with Lumia 720. Updating 520 didn't fix the problem.

Same kind of problem was with automatic log in to protected wlan. Lumia 520 asked wlan password every time before it logged in. I changed the phone time zone from automatic to manual (someone told it should solve email issue), reboot the phone and setting back to automatic. After that wlan started to log in automatically! Maybe it's just coincidence but it didn't fix the email problem.

Any ideas?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

Re: Lumia 520 mail sync issue (IMAP)

Sapsa wrote:

Lumia 520 asks mail password again and again.

Everytime you change an email setting, on that screen, you have to fill in the password, everytime (although it looks like it remembers the password). That is a bug. Once set, it should do. Did that help?

Please use plain text.
Sapsa

Yes, I noticed that bug after I had tried to fix the problem about 30 times... But now when I have removed the mail account, created it again and filled in the correct password, mail still refuses to synchronize. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

And your Nokia 720 still works? Which email provider do you use?

Please use plain text.
Sapsa

Yes, 720 still works fine. My email provider is finnish luukku.com. I also called their customer service and they told there should not be any problems at the moment.

I'm thinking that maybe I should reset 520 back to basic settings and make everything again. How basic is basic? If it's only phone settings and perhaps some application settings, it's not a big job to do again. But if it deletes also accounts, downloaded apps, maps, music etc., it takes several hours to bring them back.  

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

[ Edited ]

Which server do you use at Luukku (MTV3)?

How did you specify the server address?

Because such a connection is secured (by certificates with certain validity), is the date correct on your phone, especially the year?

Because you mentioned Wi-Fi issues, did you test in an other Wi-Fi and/or via GSM/UMTS network as well?

Please use plain text.
Sapsa

As a matter of fact the problem was wrong imap address after all. My mistake. Stupid, stupid, stupid... Should always read everything CAREFULLY, then read it again and after that check everything once again. Not assuming anything! This is a very good tip and example for everyone who thinks everything is right and something is still not working.

Anyway your latest message made me think everything from the beginning once again. Especially your question concerning the Luukku.com server. So thank you for solving this problem!

And yes - GSM/UMTS network was also tested, not only Wi-Fi (which is now working perfectly). The problem could have been also with the network connection.

Lumia 520 is now working perfectly! Thanks for many good ideas! Hope this helps other users as well.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Cobler

I have a problem with my imap.gmail.com:993:1 set up.  I recently changed my Gmail password on the main computer and when I tried to access Gmail via the Lumia 520 it tells me to update my password for imap etc.  I assumed I would enter the new password from my Gmail account hit "save" and when I did I got a message "Synchronising".  A short time later it comes back with a message "Attention required".  After several tries I am confused.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.  

Please use plain text.