Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 520_not able to connect to my LAPTOP/PC...

Registered Member
VPLUMIA520

Lumia 520_not able to connect to my LAPTOP/PC...

Hi all,

I have purchased new Lumia 520...

But i have issue with connecting it to my PC/LAPTOP.

I have installed Connectify application as WIFI-hotspot...but this hotspot is not visible in my lumia phone..

I can connect to other WIFI networks in my office.....

Actually i have Internet connection in my PC/LAPTOP over ethernet and i want to share it to my Lumia 520...but i failed.....wifi hotspot connection is enabled in my phone.....

Please help me in this regard....

Thanks,

VP

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

Re: Lumia 520_not able to connect to my LAPTOP/PC...

[ Edited ]

You cannot use your laptop's ethernet connection with your handset. When you set up your mobile as a wifi hotspot it means that other devices can connect to your phone over wifi and use YOUR PHONE's cellular data connection for internet browsing, not the other way around.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

Re: Lumia 520_not able to connect to my LAPTOP/PC...

Actually the reason why you are not seeing it (most likely) is that you created an ad-hoc hotspot. this is not supported by Windows Phone and this type os connections is in general considered to be less secure and even illegal in some regions..

If you set up a regular WiFi hotspot on your laptop you will be able to connect your phone just fine.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.