Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 520 problems

Contributor
xmen902
Accepted Solution

Lumia 520 problems

I bought yesterday a Nokia Lumia 520, and I'm disappointed from nokia.

"Here Drive" is not compatible with my phone. Another program Gmaps need internet to work.

When i try to charge (nokia charger) the phone who it closed, it starts on alone.

There aren't drivers for windows (xp) to connect it on my pc (suite). Work only in file manager.

But these problems why not reported on nokia sites?

How can it work Here Drive with lumia 520;
Do you know some link, who have ovi maps version for lumia 520;
Do you know some link, with xp drivers?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Re: Lumia 520 problems

[ Edited ]

Try accessing the Store again as HERE Drive has now re-appeared after removal due to issues. Inserting a charger or USB PC connection will always start the phone and provided at least WMP 10 and Windows Xp SP3 installed there should not be connectivity issues.

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Contributor
xmen902

Thanks but it starts downloading and on 50% stops. I try many times, but nothing.

Seems here is a problem with all files who downloading from store. I see error code c101b000.

Is there a function to disable, for no more start the phone due charging?

In windows 8 has no problem with drivers, installed immediately with windows phone app.

Is there an app like as old nokia suite, to add/edit phone book and send sms; 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

[ Edited ]

Yes, we know there's issues with the store right now, this is a MSFT service so go talk to them

Edit contacts by going to http://contacts.live.com or install Windows Mail

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
xmen902

Thank you very much
All it's ok.

Please use plain text.
rkochar

I bought a Nokia 520 from Microsoft on AT&T - The phone freezes quite often and i have to pull the battery out for  a few minutes and put it back to turn it on or or it remains dead. Please help. Should i return it or is there a fix?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

You could try another sim but if you have just bought it you could try getting a replacement form the retailer.

Please use plain text.
thestandalone

Can u plz suggest any way of changing the storage option to memory card so that the downloaded apps go to memory card.They get downloaded in the phone memory which often makes the phone slow.And any idea about when the store is going to provide Opera browser??
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Download the Lumia Storage Check app from betalabs.nokia.com and install. Run this app and change the map storage option from the phone to the memory card. Changing this option will only save new maps to the memory card but will not move existing map data so you will need to redownload them again. 

For information on Opera, you need to contact Opera. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

[ Edited ]

thestandalone wrote:
Can u plz suggest any way of changing the storage option to memory card so that the downloaded apps go to memory card.

Only media (music, video, and pictures) and now map data can be stored upon the SD card not applications, although you can install apps and games from SD card: http://www.nokia.com/ng-en/support/faq/?action=singleTopic&topic=FA140942

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
NBK5

I bought lumia 520 3 months ago,Few days earlier when i used to get a call the touch screen would stop operating for a while and suddenly would become normal.Now a days when i unlock the phone it is taking more than a normal time time to unlock and brightness is reducing to the maximum extent.Again i have to switch off on and start it back to obtain normal brightness and resolution.Please help me on how to overcome this problem ?

Please use plain text.
musica

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
abhisheksharma

Hate nokia lumia 520 no enabling of hide n show id... hate dis **bleep**... now dnt hv trust on nokia company.. truecaller. caller id setting nthing is working here..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

abhisheksharma wrote:

Hate nokia lumia 520 no enabling of hide n show id....

Settings > Applications > Phone > Show my caller ID to: > Select option: everyone, no one or my contacts

Please use plain text.
paramour13

Moved to HERE! Location-based services from Nokia: Maps, Navigation and GPS board.

Please use plain text.