Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 610 Bluetooth problem

marinaki
Accepted Solution

Lumia 610 Bluetooth problem

Hi, yesterday I bought lumia 610. I tried to connect via Bluetooth with another nokia devices but Lumia 610 can’t connect.

This link doesn’t help. http://www.nokia.com/gb-en/support/product/lumia610/troubleshooting/?qt=Bluetooth&comp=nokiatroubles...

How I can fix this? Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Professor
caitlin1759

Re: Lumia 610 Bluetooth problem

You probably can't. The Bluetooth on the phone doesn't support file transfer to or from the phone
Please use plain text.
marinaki

Thanks you caitlin1759 from your answer.

It’s ridiculous…I hope nokia fix it.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Sachi2112

Windows phone 7 (OS) does not support bluetooth file transfer. Its not nokia fault but there are rumours that nokia wil release Bluetooth file transfer application for lumia devises through which you can oly share supported images, videos and music files. You cant send any files like in symbuan as WP7 does not support file system (File manager)

Please use plain text.
rgisme

It is Nokia's fault, for choosing Windows 7.  I don't think anyone who brought this phone could have imagined that bluetooth file transfer would not be supported in Windows Phone 7 but Nokia must have known it when they signed up to the deal.  Similarly, ordinary USB mass storage mode isn't supported.  You can't simply copy files between phone and PC using Windows Explorer.  Neither, it seems, are custom ringtones.  And finally, to top up a list of ridiculous omissions from a phone using a Windows operating system, you can't even sync your Outlook contacts with the phone.   These are things I would never have expected from a late model Windows phone and are serious flaws - so serious that I can't imagine noone in Nokia would have noticed it.  If Nokia wants to stage a comeback in the mobile phone market, the Windows Phone 7 OS isn't the OS to do it with.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Hi rgisme,

Thanks for your feedback and welcome to the forum.

Windows Phone does not support file transfer through Bluetooth, you can however use Skydrive, attach images and Office documents to a mail or transfer media files using Zune.

Custom ringtones can be used as general or contact specific tones, more information can be found here.

Windows Phone synchronizes contacts and calendars live and in real time with Outlook without the need to actually have the phone connected to your PC running Outlook by using a Wi-Fi or Mobile data connection. You can find more information on this here.

Hope this helps,

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
rgisme

Hi Kosh

Ok, I stand corrected on the custom ringtones and there is a way to sync Outlook, but it is still a faff to get ringtones onto the phone.  It shouldn't be necessary to download and install a large and slow running (on my PC) program to  copy files and ringtones to the phone - or use Skydrive or the other methods you suggest.   It ought to be possible to do this using bluetooth file transfer or Windows Explorer in USB mass storage mode.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

[ Edited ]

rgisme wrote:
It ought to be possible to do this using bluetooth file transfer or Windows Explorer in USB mass storage mode.

Unfortunately it is not possible in WP7 and it was not possible in WP7 handsets from the very beginning, which was one year before Nokia released the first Lumia. So not only Nokia, but everyone else who had researched WP7 before buying should have known that. WP7 does not begin with the Nokia Lumia range, which many people here seem to be completely unaware of.

Please use plain text.
rgisme

93tid wrote:
Unfortunately it is not possible in WP7 and it was not possible in WP7 handsets from the very beginning, which was one year before Nokia released the first Lumia. So not only Nokia, but everyone else who had researched  WP7 before buying should have known that. 

Yes, you are right, anyone who was caught out could have known it if they had researched it.  But some things are so basic you just take them for granted.  You expect a phone to be able to make calls and send SMS, it's barely more of a stretch to just expect it to be capable of bluetooth file transfer and USB mass storage mode.  Many very more basic phones do.  Not suprising then that so many have found themselves disappointed.

For what it's worth, I think the Lumina 610 is a lovely phone, well engineered and pleasing to handle.  It's just a pity that Micro$oft, in their infinite wisdom, saw fit to take away two of the most  very basic pieces of phone functionality from WP7.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rundmc

I have the lumia 800,its the most frustating phone I've used! Y do I have to download Zune.net from a pc to start downloading music or updates.please help guys
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Henk2304

And u have to dowload itunes to do the same with iPhone ... Nokia music lets u download music ota (3G of wifi)
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kakaphone

I think this is a problem with the handphone, there are many users are wondering about this issue ... I happen to work at the counter repair mobile phone ... continue to have no solution for this type of file transfer nokia yes boss ...

sorry just found out ..
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sonu_007

Hi i am having lumia 610

and i am very glad to buy it because now i understand

why technical people say

that others phones are better than Nokia. thanks

and for me

Nokia is not connecting people its disconnecting people...
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Scoolkarni

Here discussion started for Lumia 610.. However, everyone is stating the cons considering WP7.. But Lumia provides WP 7.5 Mango. 

Does this Bluetooth prob exist in 7.5 also? If its yes, its really stupid. No mass transfer directly through data cable. Nokia really disappointed. Few days back, I used to fight for Nokia with any critic.. Now Nokia is proving every of its fan wrong.

Here everybody is taking side of Nokia saying its Windows fault.. But its the Nokia who tied up with Microsoft. So even they are equally responsible.

I have been desperately waiting for this handset in India from last 4 months, but considering this loopholes, I think hardly anyone will buy.

Linux couldnt overpower Windows, But Android (Form of Linux) has done that.. I am still surprised, How company like Nokia, who always thought of consumer comfort, use; making phones, keys with human mentality, country wise features, failed to even think for this simple requirement?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
utayush

hey hiee 

i want to buy nokia lumia 610 plz help me 

tell me about its features and its defects 

hlp me shuld i buy this fone ??

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Scoolkarni

Not at all. Don't at all buy Lumia 610. Its a waste of money. I waited for Lumia for 3 long months, when I found its features, its useless.. I was a Die heart Nokia lover.. But now I am not... Just look at the loop holes in Lumia 610-

1. Lumia 610(windows phone) provide Internet explorer 9.0. You can't change or use Google chrome instead. 
  2. Lumia provides with Bing as Default search engine. One can't change it to Google.
  3. Zune is the application for transferring the data. So, One can’t transfer the data just by directly connecting it to PC. Ultimately, u cant transfer data through a laptop/PC where Zune is not installed.
  4. Lumia 610 allows data transfer via Bluetooth amongst only windows phone. One can’t exchange the data with any android or symbian phone via Bluetooth. This is pathetic.
  5. Lumia 610 is available with WP 7.5 Mango OS. Its not possible to upgrade it with newer versions every time, like in windows PC we upgraded it from windows XP to Vista to 7.

So ultimately Lumia is waste of Money.

Please use plain text.
rahulmishra36

Nokia must think about the most basic features like mass storage and bluetooth file transfer . How one can use it with such a huge problem . I think they must provide some app or software update to help their consumers .
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
emezz

So sad and frustrted when nokia lumia is not supported for other
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

Scoolkarni wrote:
4.Lumia 610 allows data transfer via Bluetooth amongst only windows phone. One can’t exchange the data with any android or symbian phone via Bluetooth.

That is actually incorrect. WP7 does not support file transfer via Bluetooth at all, not even with other WP phones, so you cannot transfer data via Bluetooth even between two Lumia handsets. Of course, there are alternative options which have already been mentioned several times in this forum.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

this nokia lumia 610 is really frustrating phone.

got it 2 months ago, since then i've tried to search of how to enable this bluetooth file transfer, none of possible method i get to fix this, it is my fault did not check this forum before, but this is a major fault of a Nokia Corp to provide its loyal costumer with this **bleep**!

simply said, this nokia lumia 610 is a wasted of money and time. eventhough the design is cool, but without proper functionality, its not better than its predecessor nokia 3310 :smileyhappy: :thumbdown:

Please use plain text.