Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 610 Data Connection Issue - GPRS

Registered Member
ravi_bhati

Hi  All & rana885, 

I'm also getting the same, not able to access the GPRS. I've taken a 2G plan from vodafone.

and here you've mentioned saying by adding the APN in the network setup ,the internet connection worksfine, but I tried it with the vodafone APN i.e " live.vodafone.com" , but still the issue persists. 

Any help here would be appreciated brother.

Thanks 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ravi_bhati

P.S. i've been using Nokia Lumia 610 from past 2 weeks and without any of these connectivity issues, it was working fine but from past 2 days i've got this problem.

Please use plain text.
shailesh1301

Dear All,

The GPRS issue in Lumia 610 can be somehow eliminated by following steps(this is how I solved in my case,may be it is impractical but worked in my case):

1.If u are a new user, Please reset your phone( u have no other options).

2.Create a new & different  Hotmail id this time from the previous ones you have.

3.Update your Network setup application as soon as possible from the market ,bcoz data connection may once again fail after few hours of resetting your phone & the option to select APN as your network is not provided in preloaded Network setup.

4.Then in updated updated network setup edit APN as airtelgprs.com (confirm this from your own Service provider ) & give connection a name.Now, select this Connection as yor network.Everything will work fine after these steps & U will finally enjoy ur parnership with NOKIA.

I hope this will help you guyz.

Regards//

shael

Please use plain text.
shailesh1301

Dear All,

The GPRS issue in Lumia 610 can be somehow eliminated by following steps(this is how I solved in my case,may be it is impractical but worked in my case):

1.If u are a new user, Please reset your phone( u have no other options).

2.Create a new & different  Hotmail id this time from the previous ones you have.

3.Update your Network setup application as soon as possible from the market ,bcoz data connection may once again fail after few hours of resetting your phone & the option to select APN as your network is not provided in preloaded Network setup.

4.Then in updated updated network setup edit APN as airtelgprs.com (confirm this from your own Service provider ) & give connection a name.Now, select this Connection as yor network.Everything will work fine after these steps & U will finally enjoy ur parnership with NOKIA.

I hope this will help you guyz.

Regards//

shael

Please use plain text.
LaxmanC

Yeah i have also having the same problem of Cellular DATA connectivity.

i almost called the customer care of my Airtel more than 50 times in the past week and they gave every thing to solve the issue and now they told me we are facing the same complaint form LUMIA users only so go and dela with NOKIA.

the irritating thing is my SIM works on IPHONE 4S and Ipad2 and on Samsung Galaxy S2 with a data speed of Approximately 2 MBPS.

but it fails only on LUMIA 610 which i bought recently and now i already tried with these all **bleep** like reboot reset but they wont work

we need a FIX for this from NOKIA only and if sombody looks this from nokia what is the answer from you?

my Cellular provider asked me to stay for 4 hours in his office and watch how many people comes with the same issue and i tried there are 42 People with same problem and the phone is only Lumia 610,710,800 these models only what is your answer NOKIA??????????? 

you may better take those back i will buy a OMNIA because my brother having one working fine in alla aspects better than LUMIA

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

lumia 610 data connection 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
chanakyakv

[ Edited ]

Same problem here with brand new Nokia Lumia 610.

3G doesn't work well within the phone. But it works only when Internet sharing is enabled and a laptop is connected to the phone through the Wi-Fi hotspot. This clearly indicates that there is no issue with mobile operator (Airtel 3G in my case).

This is crazy. I wouldn't have bought this phone if I knew that this phone had this issue.

If Nokia doesn't do something about it quickly, then I will surely give up Nokia forever and recommend the same for others.

CHANAKYA K. V.

Design Engineer

Texas Instruments India.

Nokia Lumia 610
Tango.
Bought on 13th October 2012.
Please use plain text.
rawrtoo

Hi guys, I had face the same problem, but now I already fix it, so I think I should share my way to everyone.

Here is what I did, I am a Digi user (Malaysia phone line),

I check with the setting, it told me that Lumia610 need to be configure manually,

the website told me to go to Setting > Mobile Network(Cellular) 

If you don't have any APN, add a APN, 

Inside will have settling like:

APN 

Username

Password

Proxy server/URL

Proxy Port

All I am doing is just key in your mobile server into APN column, eg diginet,

and keep the rest blank.

After I save the APN, and all my mobile data is working.

You can check your APN with your phone service center.

I hope this helps you guys :smileyvery-happy: 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
chanakyakv

Hi rawrtoo,

Thanks for posting. But this is NOT the problem which is described in this thread.

Please note that we have our APN described very correctly. In my case it is (airtelgprs.com) for Airtel India 3G.

This is why we have Internet Sharing working fine when the Internet sharing is enabled. But the apps inside the phone (like internet explorer, bing search, Marketplace etc..) do not work!

Thanks
CHANAKYA K. V.
Nokia Lumia 610
Tango.
Bought on 13th October 2012.
Please use plain text.
rawrtoo

I see :smileyvery-happy: okay, just wish to give a little contribution. 

Wish you guys can solve it asap.

Cheers!

rawrtoo

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
vikram2030

Lumia 610 Data Connection Issue - GPRS

Finally i solver my problem.  By resetting Phone in setting about.   Now i am using perfectly my grps, naviagtion, browser everything. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
simiongoku

how did u do so??

Please use plain text.
Contributor
arcnatarajan

Does any one need to pay to own a hand full of **bleep** ?

Thats what i have done now by owning a Lumia 710 phone and It is .....though a late realisation...and I honestly take the blame!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
arcnatarajan

Does any one need to pay to own a hand full of **bleep** ?

Thats what i have done now by owning a Lumia 710 phone and It is .....though a late realisation...and I honestly take the blame!:crying:

Please use plain text.
vshlkmr

GPRRe: Lumia 610 Data Connection Issue - GPRS

This is how u get GPRS on the lumia 610 (works with the new update also):

1. Reset your phone, goto settings > about > reset.

2. When the phone powers up, on the welcome screen select "custopm setup", & disable the check box "use mobile data".

3. Now setup your phone without any live id.

4. As soon as you reach start screen, swipe left, find and hold the "network setup" app, a drop down menu will appear, select unistall.HOLD THE FINGER PROPERLY, DONT EVEN ACCIDENTLY LET THE NETWORK SETUP APP START, IF IT STARTS EVEN ONCE U ILL HAVE TO RESET THE DEVICE AGAIN.

5. After unistalling Network Setup, go to settings > mobile data > select E or 3G (depending if u are on normal internet plan or 3g one) then scroll below and click "add apn".

6. input the apn of your provider (i use airtel, apn is airtelgprs.com), click on the tick mark below to save it.

7. Restart your phone, and then you will get mobile internet connection..:smileyhappy: then u can setup live account, gmail, facebook or whatever you want..

PS..the GPRS edge speeds m getting on my lumia are way better than the android i used to own before..:smileywink:

Please use plain text.
LaxmanC

I have the same problem with my Lumia 610 from the day 1 i bought

I tried different carriers but no use all the people shows only one thing that is the LUMIA 610 is the problem

please take it back and give my money 

nothing helps with this mistake 

Please use plain text.
saurabhengg007

Hey guys,I have a golden solution for this...& it works 101%%
Just need to reset your phone..
After RESET when the phone is starting,select manually settings rather than recommended one....
As soon as phone starts,swipe to right & look for 'Network Setup' app and uninstall it....
Don't open the 'Network Setup' app in any condition,otherwise it will make automatic settings for ur operator & one will need to RESET the phone again...
After this define ur operator APN setting in settings->mobile operator menu
BE SURE TO SYNCHRONIZE YOUR CONTACTS WITH WINDOWS LIVE ACCOUNT,RESETTING THE PHONE ERASES YOUR WHOLE DATA.......
Please use plain text.
shahji216

hi .. i have a problem that when i try to install application from web through zune they say your phone is not responding so we are emailing this app to your email.

what can i do?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Sami_L610

First of all A Big Thanks to Mr. Rana 885.

I purchase a Nokia Lumia 610, Second day I realized that all applications except IE are not working-due to connection problem, sometimes net works fine with internet explorer, Rest all application using net were dead.

I was so worried and tense about this problem, then I came to this thread after searching on Google.

Found that rana885 had experienced the same problem, I followed his post and got an update of "Network Setup" from marketplace as soon I got it updated to version 2.6.0.1, I can't believe that my mobile was working absolutely fine. Now I love this phone net is working so fine and connectivity is so fast, I thank & appreciate NOKIA & rana885 for this.

Thanks a lot

rana885 wrote:

In my new 610, i am facing issue while browsing sites with GPRS Data Connection. With wifi it works OK.

I am able to use internet with my laptop using same GPRS connection by internet sharing from my phone, but it does not work with phone apps and internet explorer in phone. :smileysad:

I found below specification for 610 @gsmarea where 710 has  class 33.   I don't have any idea about this class 10 or 33 if this could be one of reason.

GPRS Class 10 (4+1/3+2 slots), 32 - 48 kbps

EDGE Class 10, 236.8 kbps

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nikkr

i dont find any network setup option in my nokia lumia 610 mobile plz guide

Please use plain text.