Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 610 Data Connection Issue - GPRS

Contributor
rana885
Accepted Solution

Lumia 610 Data Connection Issue - GPRS

In my new 610, i am facing issue while browsing sites with GPRS Data Connection. With wifi it works OK.

I am able to use internet with my laptop using same GPRS connection by internet sharing from my phone, but it does not work with phone apps and internet explorer in phone. :smileysad:

I found below specification for 610 @gsmarea where 710 has  class 33.   I dont have any idea about this class 10 or 33 if this could be one of reason.

GPRS Class 10 (4+1/3+2 slots), 32 - 48 kbps

EDGE Class 10, 236.8 kbps

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Bhushan_Hegde

Re: Lumia 610 Data Connection Issue - GPRS

Even I have the same issue with my Lumia 800. I was able to browse within the phone using GPRS during initial days (1-2 months) when I brought this phone..Slowly started getting error like "page cannot be displayed" when I browse within the phone and applications are unable to get data connection. I am able to browse internet through my PC using internet sharing on the phone using GPRS data connection. Latest tango update also installed  with the latest nokia update in it but issue still exists.

Not sure whether hardware is faulty or firmware issue.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rana885

Is there any nokia support engineer available on this board or this is a junction for victims only, who went with pain and doing do deligence to help other victims by their past experience.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Leo2306

I am facing the same issue. It is like harassment. Hey poor developers, give answer for our queries.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Puigchild

[ Edited ]

Hi rana885 and others,

Thank you for your posts! 

We're sorry for all the problems you've experienced.  I have sent this issue forward to our technical team and they will look into it.  We will let you know as soon as they get back to us.

Kind regards,

Puigchild

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Leo2306

Its unbelivable. I had subscribed for 3G  but it is not working properly on 3G also. I am wasting my money.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
shadowfax92

Hey, 

I'm to facing the same problem. I guess its some problem with the new tango update. My internet sharing stopped working too :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
shadowfax92

My phone is Lumia 800....
Please use plain text.
Contributor
rana885

Finally i visited Nokia care. They refreshed firmware and problem resolved.

But it was very really painful. It took lot of time and discussions to make nokia people understand about problem. They kept on argueing that it is Cellular provider issue and you get it fixed by them. Finally i demoed by showing internet sharing , on other phn internet worked using my GPRS connection.

Although GPRS is now working on my phone. But have to select "Higest Connection Speed" as 3G. If i select 'E" it doesn't work.

I noticed an update to "Network Setup" is available today but not sure if it can fix this for others.

Please use plain text.
skocha01

i hav nokia 2700 but wnever i want to download it will require me to 'connect to packet data'. Am tire and do not what to do. Pls help
Please use plain text.
Contributor
rana885

Same issue re-occured after restarting the phn and struggled again with all combinations. But this time i fixed it.

Goto- Network Setup -> Add APN, and select this apn as your operator. Now its working for edge and 3G as well, and it seems it is faster than before.

I believe this Add APN feature in "Network Setup" came in todays app update. Not very sure but  i didn't noticed it before when i was struggling earlier.

There is another place to provide APN in Settings->mobile network, but adding apn there doesn't work, i tried this earlier and this time as well.

To get update just go to marketplace and it will show you updates are available.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Leo2306

I am not able findthe Network Setup Application in market place.

Is it available for India?

C'mon Nokia, answer it.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

@Leo2306,

Hi Leo2306,

Thank you for your post. Please refer to the following link:

http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Phone-Applications/Network-Setup-app-for-Nokia-Lumia-phones/m-p/1494...

Regards

Raoul_Duke
If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Leo2306

So, it is not available for India.

Can I ask the reason y so?

Nokia is selling Lumia 610 without locked with any service provider.

I have already subscribed for 3G plan and my money is getting wasted as i am not able to use it.

I am too much frustrated already because without internet this phone is nothing but a waste.

Will Nokia give my money back to me?

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

Hi Leo2306,

The network setup application should be available very soon. Sorry that I can't be more specific as I currently do not have this information but I do know that the application is coming. As soon as I have any specifics I will get back to you.

Regards

Raoul_Duke

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rana885

Hi Leo2306, Network Setup is avaialble in India. It comes by default in nokia lumia 610. You can also download it from market place from "Nokia Collection". Check "region+language" settings in phone if by any chance it been selected something else.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Leo2306

I have following configuration in region+language settings,

Display Language --> English

Region format --> English (India)

System locale --> English (India)

Browser & search language --> English (India)

I have preinstalled Network Setup application but there is no option to add APN in it.

The software version of Network Setup application is 1.1.3.0

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rana885

I will suggest to check location in your live id. I belive Live id location does matters when you hit marketplace.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Leo2306

HI rana885,

I hae checked my Windows Live ID. I had not selected any region in my profile.

I had updated it as India in my contact details.

But still when I am opening the WP Market from my PC, it shows United States at the top right side of the page.

Do you know where to set itso that in marketplace also, it can show me India?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Leo2306

Ok, now it is showing me.

When i tried to get any application from WP Market place, it shows the message that you can not buy application fromthis market place and provides the redirection link to WP market place for India.

I will check whether I am getting the update for Network Setup or not.

Rigth now, I haveno access of wifi network and my gprs is not working so, need to wait till monday.

Please use plain text.