Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 610: Mails in Inbox disappear on Sync

Contributor
Trini_J

Lumia 610: Mails in Inbox disappear on Sync

Good day All,

First off let me say that I am trying to resolve this issue on behalf of the owner of a Lumia 610.

The phone has email properly configured and it is able to send and receive. The problem is that emails in the Inbox disappear after a fairly short period of time. The owner of the phone says the mails stay for a few days at most. I witnessed this behavior when the Inbox, with over a dozen mails, suddenly became empty when I hit the 'Sync' option, which seemed to be the only way to manually force the phone to check for new email.

The phone is useless if previously received mails are inaccessible. I have verified that the phone is set to automatically check for updates and it does indicate that there are no updates available at this time.

I plan to delete and re-create the account. If this fails to fix the problem, can anyone suggest other options I can try?

Getting a new phone is the choice of last resort obviously.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Trini_J

Re: Lumia 610: Mails in Inbox disappear on Sync

Okay, so it turns out that the Lumia is merely showing any emails that are on the mail server without actually downloading a copy of the email to the phone itself.

Can this be changed? When the owner of the phone is moving around and does not want to lug around his laptop, he still needs to be able to refer to his email and often he needs to view emails from weeks and months ago.

This is possible to set up on the Lumia.... right? To simply download a copy of the emails?

Please use plain text.