Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 610 alphabetical order in app menu

Registered Member
StanleyKing

Lumia 610 alphabetical order in app menu

Hi everyone,

I have Lumia 610.I've  downloaded some apps yesterday and an alphabetical list has appeared.I dont want this alphabetical list.I want it to be as before.How can i do this?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

This alphabetical list cannot be removed my friend. If you go over the limit of 40 apps installed, then it automaticlaly adds the alphabetical list and groups it by it. Even uninstalling some apps doesn't revert it back.

You can always leave feedback with Microsoft directly about this, by visiting the link here: http://windowsphone.uservoice.com
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

In fact, its quite useful when you have large no. of applications installed.. Much easier  / faster to search ..You may (should) really like it once you get used to it .. 

Please use plain text.

did you work out how to remove this alphabet. It is really annoying as I dont need help with my ABC :smileywink: and it is not amount of apps related as mine appeared and i have not added any apps.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

dymmy wrote:
did you work out how to remove this alphabet. It is really annoying as I dont need help with my ABC :smileywink: and it is not amount of apps related as mine appeared and i have not added any apps.

Doesn't seem to be any option to do that ...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
paulheu

The Alphabet index appears when you have 40plus apps installed afaik. You can't remove it when it does unless you uninstall enough apps.

In all fairness it's quite handy to quickly go to whichever app you need, Or are you honestly saying you'd prefer to scroll down to say Plex instead of just tapping an index letter and then tap 'P' ??

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
JoyKing999

I deleted some of my apps so that now I have 38 but the menu still wont return to the right order. Can you please tell me how to fix this?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Some say once activated it will remain.. Some say you need to un-install much more applications that take the count to much below 40 ( not sure if to somewhere around 30)  to remove it ...

But believe me.. its much usefull than annoying once you get used to it .. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
deepaklohia

i have always been using Android. but i think WINDOWS IS SO POOR...there is NO SETTINGS for all. No way to remove index order?? how poor !!!. no way to turn off VIBRATION on touch. i think nokia should start making andriod and get rid of poor windows

Please use plain text.