Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 610 - how will it be updated to 7.8?

Registered Member
ArtemiyPavlov
Accepted Solution

Lumia 610 - how will it be updated to 7.8?

Hey everyone,

I am considering getting the Lumia 610, but I am concerned about how it will receive the 7.8 update, whenever that one comes. Will we be able to simply go to WP Marketplace or Nokia website to get the update? Does anyone know? Would be a bummer if the update is linked to a certain carries as I'll be buying it not locked to a carrier / without a contract, I will use my existing pre-paid sim.

Thanks!

Artemiy.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: Lumia 610 - how will it be updated to 7.8?

Assuming that automatic checking is not disabled and your phone has data connection or access to wifi, you will get a notification  pop-up on the phone screen when any update is available. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

The update can only be delivered via Zune, as with all other WP updates.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ArtemiyPavlov

Thanks for the replies, guys! I do have a Windows Live + Zune account already, so as I understand it's a matter of switching on update notifications in system settings, and that's it?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
canhanga14vc

i have a lumia 610 and i'm in Angola/Africa and i wonder when i would be able to see WP7.8 running on my smartphone....
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

You will have to keep checking or keep an eye on the forum.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Sage
ArminG

[ Edited ]

Yes, you understand correct. Just enable the update notifications in system settings, and that's it indeed!

Note a few things though:

- Often updates are trottled, meaning not all users get updates at the same time.

- Some carriers can delay or even block updates, so make sure you buy an unbranded (which is more than just unlocked) phone.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Shushant_Patil

When i go to Zune and search for an update it's teels me that ur phone is up-to-date. !!!
Instead i have Windows 7.5 !!!
I live in latur/maharastra/India.
how i can get to know that when will update available in my place ?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

hi mate,

please read the above posts before posting a question that everyone has already answered.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
pankaj142india

I have nokia lumia 610 the update of lumia os 7.8 is comes but it is not showing notification for update if i check it says there is no update is comes but the update is come
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

THIS

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Suga95

I cant update mine to 7.8 ?? tell me a solution ?? Im from sri Lanka

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
yashkumar

i am also having the same problem ........i am also the owner of lumia 610 

Please use plain text.
arpit7885

update display in website 12470 but not popup in mobile screen... :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Gromish

I have the same problem.

I am from Romania and my causin bought a new L610 with 7.8.

So don't worry the new updates are coming for up to, but i think they are not available yet in our forgot countryies.

arpit7885 wrote:
update display in website 12470 but not popup in mobile screen... :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

AS mentioned umpteen times you will get notification as to when its due to you.Until then you have to wait.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
RjBahilango

[ Edited ]

hey try to restart/ restore your lumia phone,then connect to ZUNE APPS, then it will appear the 7.5 update, wait until it's done and then your phone will automatically search for a new update, and its the 7.8 update. try and tested by me, my nokia lumia 610 is from drei.italy, and i'm using now here, philippines. before you restart/ restore your phone, change your LAPTOP/PC/LUMIA location, try to use UNITED SATES, then reboot/restart your LAPTOP/PC/LUMIA then update..  then after updating your phone, change your location again.

to know if your country is available for the 7.8 update, choose..

AFRICA : http://www.nokia.com/global/support/software-update/lumia-software-update/availability-in-africa/

ASIA PACIFIC : http://www.nokia.com/global/support/software-update/lumia-software-update/availability-in-asia-pacif...

EUROPE : http://www.nokia.com/global/support/software-update/lumia-software-update/availability-in-europe/

LATIN AMERICA : http://www.nokia.com/global/support/software-update/lumia-software-update/availability-in-latin-amer...

MIDDLE EAST: http://www.nokia.com/global/support/software-update/lumia-software-update/availability-in-middle-eas...

North America: http://www.nokia.com/global/support/software-update/lumia-software-update/availability-in-north-amer...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
vignesh_610

Hi ,

I am using Lumia 610. When I checked via Zune its showing my phone is up to date. But I am using only Windows 7.5.

should I enable any options for getting an update notification or someting.

ArtemiyPavlov wrote:

Hey everyone,

I am considering getting the Lumia 610, but I am concerned about how it will receive the 7.8 update, whenever that one comes. Will we be able to simply go to WP Marketplace or Nokia website to get the update? Does anyone know? Would be a bummer if the update is linked to a certain carries as I'll be buying it not locked to a carrier / without a contract, I will use my existing pre-paid sim.

Thanks!

Artemiy.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Read Jimmyireland's post two posts above yours. Also please search these forums for the answers, and Google Nokia's official announcement on the update, as this question has been asked a thousand times already.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
arpit7885

Update display here 1066.0000.8858.12470. but not display or detect on my mobile
Please use plain text.