Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 610 "factory" screen film/protector ?

Contributor
mfny81

Lumia 610 "factory" screen film/protector ?

Simple question for everyone..

Does the 610 come with a "factory fitted" film/protector over the screen ?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
paulheu

Yes, but that is supposed to be removed before you start using the phone. It is not ment to stay on.

---

Click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mfny81

Do you base that answer on first hand experience can I ask ?

I was not intending on keeping the factory one on long term. Its just so I can do initial set-up/testing without worrying to much about the screen till the proper protectors come in the post.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
paulheu

That should be fine. The factory film is usually a bit thicker and comes off more easy. It can also sometimes cover the proximity sensor, but it won't hurt..

---

Click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mfny81

Have you had a Lumia 610 and seem the film and taken it off yourself ?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
paulheu

no yes no

---

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mfny81

Ah so seen someone elses 610 or an unboxing video/pictues showing the film on then ?

Was going to say that lack of a quote feature for posting here is a bit of a pain but ive just seen the quote button .. doh

paulheu wrote:

no yes no

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
paulheu

Maybe you can explain to us why this seems to be such a big issue for you?

The protective film on a new phone usually has a silverish corner where you start pulling it off.. 

---

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

mfny81 wrote:

Have you had a Lumia 610 and seem the film and taken it off yourself ?

All phones from all manufacturers have a shipping film covering the screens and the rear facing cameras (if they have a camera). These films should be removed to ensure proper operation of the phone, especially the one covering the camera.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mfny81

[ Edited ]

paulheu wrote:

Maybe you can explain to us why this seems to be such a big issue for you?

The protective film on a new phone usually has a silverish corner where you start pulling it off.. 

From what ive seen of unboxing/reviews I could not see the "trademark" gold triagle that nokia puts in the corner of its factory films.So I figured I would ask here as someone may have opened a 610 recantly around here and remebered or not if there was one prehaps.

I dont assume that all devices with screens have a factory film as for instance the PSP does not and this has actuly been an issue for me in terms of scraches out of the box and Sony claiming it did have a film and therefore refuseing to replace the unit. Also it simply makes it easier to handle, set up and test the phone before applying a proper screen protector. And makes appling the proper one easier as less cleaning needed before putting it on to avoid bubbles etc.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Ive recently opened a 610 actually several,there is a Screen protector on them as pointed out SEVERAL times already.they have no silverfish corner.This may differ per region
unboxing videos you see on the internet maybe spiced up or edited.
So to answer your question YES it has A screen protector.
Hopefully this answers your question and stops your doubts paul has sufficiently answered your question a;ready now i hope this finalizes it.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
cash710

What's the need of a screen protector? Gorilla Glass is good enough. I've been using my 710 without screen protection since last 6-8 months and my phone got no scratches.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

They are there for protection and shipping purposes.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mfny81

jimmyireland wrote:
Ive recently opened a 610 actually several,there is a Screen protector on them as pointed out SEVERAL times already.they have no silverfish corner.This may differ per region
unboxing videos you see on the internet maybe spiced up or edited.
So to answer your question YES it has A screen protector.
Hopefully this answers your question and stops your doubts paul has sufficiently answered your question a;ready now i hope this finalizes it.

Thanks for the more definitve reply :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.