Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

We purchased our Lumia 610 understanding it's limi...

Tenoch
Accepted Solution

Lumia 610

Hello anyone!

I just got into a 2 years contract and I got a Lumia 610. I always been fan of nokia phones and I am not planning to change until I got this nightmare phone.

It has so many limitations that I wouldn't finish it tonight telling them all! But never mind that. I guess I just have to get used to it.

However, there is something very very upsetting with this so called phone. I need some applications for internet. For instance I cannot get flash player in order to be able to play my favorite radio station which requires flash player.

Also there are some apps that I want to install in my phone but I can access through them only via "google play" and my nice looking Lumia phone (but rather useless) wont let me have it. Most of the apps that I want such as opera and google chrome or flash, HAS TO be done by "google play". This fact is driving nuts.

Not to mention that I can't use Bluetooth  so I can transfer my contacts from my old nokia. I can't believe that my OLD Nokia E73 it is way more useful that this Lumia 610.  Now I have to go back to the store just too see if I can swap this useless phone for something that I can really use.

Now, My questions is. Is there any way I can install "google play" so I can get the apps that I need for my phone?? The "market place" from microsof is a disgrace places full of weird and unnecessary apps.

I just need a nice phone which can accept the apps that I need, so is there any way to get "google play" some how??? or I have to go and get and IPHONE that I been refusing to use but seems to me like they do really work.

Sorry about my complain but as you have noticed I am very frustrated and disappointed about my new phone which I have contract for 2 years.

Thank you in advance for any answer.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: Lumia 610

Google play is for android apps which are not compatible with your lumia. Windows phone apps are available from the marketplace. I am currently running a lumia as well as a few androids. Marketplay may not be as populated as google play but personally I did manage to get all the apps I needed for the lumia.

Have you tried the Contacts Transfer app? 

Please use plain text.
Tenoch

I see!!! Well, ok! Ill be back at the store just to check what can I get that I can use!

I tried the transfer contact which requires Bluetooth, but Bluetooth just wont work with my old nokia!

Thank you very much for your response :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
frustrated_1

just been given an upgrade from nokia x6 to a lumia 610 and keeping my phone number but different provider, so i uploaded all my stuff from the x6 to the nokia store so that i could transfer it to the lumia cos i knew that my vodafone number would be stopped when i activated the lumia through 02.  but i cant get the lumia to acknowledge the nokia store on my laptop.......................... help please  ....................... have i got to do all this by manual or through zune via sky drive or should i just bin the lumia and go back to x6 lol 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rebelle

Re: Lumia 610 file transferring

hello everyone, i need your help... i'm having a hard time transferring files to my nokia lumia 610, i did it one time i transferred a music file but when i'm going to transfer a movie and my pictures it appears that i have no enough space. i'm confused because i'm pretty sure that my phone memory is not full.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

What size is the movie file and how much free space do you have?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rebelle

i think i still have 4-6Gfree space, and the movie file is 400MB only. i can't even transfer my pictures :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Sounds strange not to be able to transfer the photos. Does Zune shows the phone as being connected? Have you tried reinstalling Zune?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
nhow

I just got this rubbish phone a couple days ago.  Zune will not install on either Windows xp or Windows 7 so I have to use Skydrive to get any of my pictures or docs onto the phone.  And Skydrive won't let me download my music to the phone!!  I had to use Google Contacts and Calendar (with a lot of tweeking) to get my contacts from my old Sony phone onto the Nokia.  And Virginmobile say that mms is not supported on this phone!!!  What a load of

b-----ks.  :cursing:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
nhow

Just got Zune working on Win 7 but it's pretty clunky to use. And still unable to get mms with Virgin.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Zandi

Anybody know how to transfer contacts from Nokia Lumia 610 to IPhone.... Try n try but can't . This phone only import but not export contacts ...so frustrated
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
shay1

There was supposed to be export to sim feature with the tango update but it never happened, I made several posts about it but still have got no closer to an answer. The absence of the feature just seems to be ignored when questioned as if it was not promised with update.
Please use plain text.
focusst

Hi 

just got a Nokia 610 only to find I can't get my photos off my phone onto my pc (Windows 7) using Zune, tried on another laptop and it worked fine so I'm guessing its a setting on my pc, anyone got any ideas 

Please use plain text.
raffyfern

Before I got the 610, Nokia Suite was flashing something in its homepage about upgrading with Lumia to better sync with Windows. I've used Nokia Suite with my X7 (bricked), C3 & 5330. For some reason, I can't transfer anything from Nokia Suite to the 610. Next, the Suite can't recognize the 610. Seems like Zune has taken over. Thing is, it doesn't have all the options of Nokia Suite.
Please use plain text.
raffyfern

No bluetooth connection with my 610 and HTC S One. Won't pair up. Used a cheap Samsung Galaxy Discover and paired with HTC S One, transferred files nicely. What's with the 610? Is this a problem too with the whole Lumia line?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
oorwullie

can anyone tell me if lumia 610 has in built compass.According to phone spec it has but some aps i try to download tell me  "some features in this application might   not work because your phone dose'nt have -- compass."

can anyone explain please

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Where did you see this spec? The 620 does not have a magnetometer sensor (compass). 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kenmar1

We purchased our Lumia 610 understanding it's limitations.

I am retired and do not need to be as socially active as most young people who need to be almost constantly using the many apps that require a data/internet connection.  The 610 being a quad band phone will work in any country that we visit. This is the main reason that we bought it.  I already have a Samsung 10.1 tablet that will provide us with mobile data when we travel.  We do have a small ptoblem that has suddenly come out of left field and I am hoping that one of the many tech savy young people out there can come up with a suggestion.  The ring tone has stopped working after initially working OK.  I have checked the settings and they are correctly switched on.  What is happening with incoming calls is that the phone vibrates.  The only thing that comes to mind is that I had our phone carrier switch off the data connection as initially we found that the phone was automatically connecting and started to run up casual data usage.  I understand that many of the apps available rely on making a data connection.  I already have 10GB / month available through our ADSL connection so don't need the added cost of unsolicited data usage by our mobile.  I am at a loss as to why we cannot get the ring tone/s to work so am hoping that somebody out there can hit the nail on the head for me.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
coolbrain008

Hello kenmar1

try turning up the volume. Usually a small black box drops down. On the right side of the box, there is picture of a bell , make sure it says ring
Please use plain text.
Mesamis89

I have never used any other model of phone than Nokia. Never had any problems. Until now when I purchased the 610. Biggest mistake of my life. Simply the worst phone ever. It's currently in for repair for the second time and I only bought it a couple of months ago. The main problem is the speaker. It becomes impossible to hear a call due to distortion. Then there are the software issues. Contacts imported and numbers assigned to different people. For instance I could type in 'John' and a number for 'Tom' would come up but with John's name. The volume turns itself down and a few tie it has switched off completely on its own. All this on top of the app problems and the ringtone issues. Will be switching to Samsung ASAP.
Please use plain text.