Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 620 and MMS

Sherf

Lumia 620 and MMS

Is there any fix for the MMS issues with unlocked phones, please?  I'm aware there is an app, but it doesn't work on W8 and I can't find anything that suggests a fix is coming anytime soon.

I really like the phone, and W8, but this is a real deal breaker for me and the phone will be going back to the shop if I can't find a solution.

TIA

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

Re: Lumia 620 and MMS

Unless your carrier (which?) uses some non standard format for MMS (some do) all you should need is settings>access point. Opening this you should see your carriers name and you can tap it to activate if required. Also you can enter the settings, you should be able to find them on the carriers website, manually here

Some carriers like VIrgin UK have a bit of a specific way of configuring. There is a thread here about that, I suggest you do a search for it if you need those...

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Sherf

Aye, sorry. Info in my post was a little scant. I am on Virgin and have set everything as per their suggestions, I have also managed to speak to a second line support guy from Virgin who told me that I should try the Network Setup App (which isn't available for W8) as it was an issue with W8 phones that they were unable to fix.

So I'm a little stuck and left wondering if this is fixable by moving to another supplier or is the problem common to all PAYG 620's.

TIA
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

[ Edited ]

Virgin is notorious for using a non standard MMS configuration. The fact they bring up Network Setup app on a WP8 device whould tell you something about how much they know and/or understand the issue here. I am on 3 in Ireland and MMS works just fine for me, not that I use it much..

Try THIS

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Sherf

After some poking and prodding and amending my settings to those found in your link (I already had the access point settings, just clearly not the right ones) it seems to be playing nicely.

Thanks for the advice.
Please use plain text.