Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 620 and bluetooth

Contributor
DaveLotsch

Lumia 620 and bluetooth

I am having an issue with a new Lumia 620. It cannot maintain a bluetooth connection.

Watching this guy here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHaJmTxi5zU shows how it should be: Connect phone to computer via bluetooth and maintain connection.

What happens to me is that the phone gets connected but will disconnect after 10 -20 seconds. What can I do?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

Bluetooth will only stay connected if there is a profile to connect to. If the PC Bluetooth stack has no profile for say audio  then on just connecting there is nothing to connect to.

WIth bluetooth on on both phone and PC when you right click a picture on the PC and select Send to > Bluetooth and then select your phone it will connect, send the picture and then disconnect again. And this works the same way in the other direction.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
DaveLotsch

Hmmmm. But did you check out the youtube link that I have posted? The Windows Phone from this guy connects and it maintains the connection. You can see him searching for his phone. I cannot even do that. The phone disconnects quickly.
So to what profile did this guy attach his phone?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

Probably his PC bluetooth device has audio related profiles which will allow hime to play music through the PC or use it to take calls. Something like that. Check if your PC bluetooth supports Hands Free Profile(HFP) and/or Advanced Audio Distribution Profile(A2DP) which is not always the case for PC based bluetooth.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
DaveLotsch

Well I am trying to connect my Lumia to a tablet. I mean wouldn´t it be ridiculous if I have to use a cable to connect my tablet to a phone?
Also what about thethering? Should be possible via bluetooth as well without any cable.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
DaveLotsch

Not to mention the Windows Phone app on Windows 8 which should be possible to connect to without a cable.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

Tethering over Bluetooth is both slow and insecure. Windows Phone being a highly secure OS does not support sharing a network connection over Bluetooth, you will need to use Wi-Fi for that. Only incidental filetransfer using the Object Push Profile (OPP) is supported.

Windows Phone uses MTP for transfer of files between a PC and the Phone. This protocol is only available over USB afaik.

---

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
pawansjadhav

I am having an issue with a new Lumia 620. It cannot maintain a bluetooth connection.

Connect phone to laptop Windows 7 via bluetooth and What happens to me is that the phone gets connected but will disconnect after 10 -20 seconds. What can I do?

I had tried to update the Blutooth drivers of my laptop with no success in the

Please help reslove this issue.......

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

[ Edited ]

As explained in detail in the post right above yours, you cannot establish a generic all-purpose Bluetooth connection between PC and WP handset like with a cable. You can only transfer files one at a time, so if a transfer is not initiated, the handset turns off the connection.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Santhosh2584

Hi Pautheu,
I recently brought Nokia lumia 620 , My first impression was very bad i was not able to connect to another mobile Samsung note2 mobile over blutooth
I was able to pair and connect 620 mobile with Note 2
But the connection stays just 2 seconds .. Dont give some reply that it wont work with other phones..

Please create a phone OS which is userfriendly and stop giving ad on paper and TV that windows 8 phone is awesome...

If you claim Windows 8 is awesome then please make basic features of usage like file transfer over bluetooth very simple..
THis OS not even support bulk files transfer also ... I know this is not very tough for a company like Microsoft to incorportate in these phones..

I see many people commenting here that there phone just stays connected with other device just 3 seconds . But instead of giving reply that works i see all irrevelant details..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
HarishBandi

I could not hear audio(ring) in carkit while making out going call, audio is routed only when other party accepts the call

my phone is nokia lumia 620,
my carkit: Fiesta classic india in build carkit

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Uditbhiroe

i was resolved this problem and posted on my blog here
hope you enjoyed it

Please use plain text.