Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 620 freezing up and battery issues

AshutoshD92

Lumia 620 freezing up and battery issues

Hi!

Just a week back, I purchased my Lumia 620.It worked fine for a day or two but the started randomly freezing up especially when I try to answer the phone call by sliding the screen up.It also freezes up randomly when the phone is locked and hence I need to restart it again and again!I've tried both hard and soft reset but none are helping.

Also, the battery is quite a disappointment.It does not even last a day!

Is anyone else experiencing such issues?

Any solutions?:/

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Re: Lumia 620 freezing up and battery issues

hi mate,

if everything is up to date and you have tried all the resets, you have no choice now but to take your phone to Nokia Care for inspection: http://nokia.com/support
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
chowdarym

I am alos facing the same issue, my 620 is freezing some times and not reaponding thought i press the lock buttion

after some time it is switching off ,not switching on . it is switchin on only when i reinsert the battery.

after that it is working for few hour and few days some times.

i bring it to the nokia care center they said it is problem with software and they installed the new software, still i am facing the same issue.

again i bring it to nokia center they ket the phone for 3 days and saying that new version of software is released , we have installed thet and kept in observation.foe one mare day.

i am very mutch disoppointed with the responce.

i purchased this in the sokia showroom by preordering it.

i dont know why they are not replacing the phone.

i want to raise a complaint to noika heiger people. how can i do that....

Please use plain text.
chowdarym

my 620 is freezing some times and not responding thought i press the lock button

after some time it is switching off ,not switching on . it is switching on only when i reinsert the battery.after that it is working for few hour sometimes few days. i took it to the nokia care center they said it is problem with software and they installed the new software, still i am facing the same issue. again i went to nokia center they kept the phone for 3 days and saying that new version of software is released , we have installed that and kept in observation. For one mare day.

i am very much disappointed with the response.

i purchased this in the Nokia showroom by preordering it. i don't know why they are not replacing the phone.

i want to raise a complaint to noika management people. how can i do that....

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

try clicking the Nokia Support link at the bottom of this page, or if that doesn't present the options that you need, then go to http://twitter.com/nokiahelps
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
akandie

I am having the exact same issues with my Lumia 620. It's a great phone...but the freezing can be very annoying! Any help!!!????

AshutoshD92 wrote:

Hi!

Just a week back, I purchased my Lumia 620.It worked fine for a day or two but the started randomly freezing up especially when I try to answer the phone call by sliding the screen up.It also freezes up randomly when the phone is locked and hence I need to restart it again and again!I've tried both hard and soft reset but none are helping.

Also, the battery is quite a disappointment.It does not even last a day!

Is anyone else experiencing such issues?

Any solutions?:/

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
upasana028

I have the same issue with my 620. It freezes. Just out of no where. Screen doesn't take any inputs. Removing battery is the only option. Trying hard reset now.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
deepaklohia

Very true , even i took nokia 620 just a month passed . Full of bugs . Can receive call sometimes . Gets switch off . I would say,nokia is the biggest nightmare of my life ..no resale value
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
shivalumia

I purchased my Lumia 620 one week back.It worked fine for a day or two but it  started randomly hanging when I try to answer the phone call.pls provide solutin.

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
musica

Does the issue occur upon answering phone calls only? How about when doing something else on the phone? Is the SIM card you're using a microSIM or a regular SIM cut into microSIM?

What have you done so far to fix this issue you have?
Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bmur

Hi,

I am having the same problems. The phone freezes when i try to slide up the screen to answer a call. The symbols are greyed out. This seems to be widespread on the Lumia 620. Nokia you need to address this and find out what is causing it. It the only blip I have had with this phone but its a big one. Otherwise the phone is great.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sofia26

Hiya,

I have had my nokia lumia 620 for under a year and my contract runs out after 2 years so I hope this problem gets resolved. For a couple of months my 620 worked great-no problems at all however recently I have been experiencing way too many for my liking. My phone freezes LOTS- today about 6 times! My power button also does not work which is extremely annoying and also rather mysterious as it has not been dropped on the button or anything! Has anyone got any tips? Recently for turning it off I have been taking the battery out and I have had to do this a few times also for when it freezes but this cant be good for the phone? I have no insurance or cover so I really need to fix this. Before this phone I had a HTC wildfire s and although it small and simple it was really robust and I had no problems with it. Please solve these problems Nokia.

Please use plain text.
paramour13

[ Edited ]

HI, sofia26.

Welcome to the Nokia Support Discussions!

When was the last time you have updated the software of your phone and its system apps? While your phone has an internet connection (preferably Wi-Fi), go to Settings> Phone update> Check for updates to see if there is an available software update for it. To ensure that all your system apps are updated, scan the QR codes provided here: http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Pool-of-Knowledge/Nokia-Windows-Phone-8-App-Updates/td-p/1640082. Monitor your phone's behavior after this. 

By the way, the side key (camera key, power/lock key or volume key) could get stuck under the back cover. Remove the cover and push the side key from inside of the cover to outside to make sure it is in the right position. Put the cover back and try again. Be careful that you do not touch the side keys when placing the cover on the phone.

Keep us posted!  

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.