Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 620 speaker volume pulsing

Contributor
markbt
Accepted Solution

Lumia 620 speaker volume pulsing

I've noticed on my 620 that the volume pulses up and down when playing audio through the speaker on the phone. It's more evident when the volume level is low (between 1 - 5). It sounds like when a compressor is acting on the signal with a slow release.

I did see someone mention this on another forum so it might not just be my phone.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

hi mate,

have you checked that you are up-to-date with all the latest Nokia system app updates in the Store? also try performing a soft reset (pressing the volume down and power buttons together until the phone vibrates). failing that, you can try a hard reset (Settings > About > Reset your phone). please bear in mind that you will need to perform a backup, as a hard reset wipes all personal data, so backup all your personal data to PC and / or online storage first.

Failing the above, you will need to take your phone back to your point of purchase, or if they are being less than helpful, take your phone to your local Nokia Care for inspection: http://nokia.com/support
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Contributor
markbt

I can confirm it's nothing to do with the Nokia apps as I just tested this by creating my own app that plays back a white noise sound sample and between volumes 1-5 the sound pulses but is fine at louder volumes. It could be my phone is faulty but it would be good if someone from Nokia could do a similar check.

Please use plain text.
Professor
JackMerson

I can confirm that there's no such issue on my Lumia 620. You might need to contact the local Nokia Care as adrianhuges suggested.
If I have helped you in any way, give me a kudos! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
markbt

Ok, thanks for confirming.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
baabaa

The output on my speaker is also pulsing/ phasing quieter and louder when under 5 on the volume control.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jamot

I had the same issue and returned the phone. The problem becomes obvious when volume is low as above. It doesn't matter what kind of app or music I listen. Volume just randomly goes up and down.

Please use plain text.

Hi. I'm having the same issue in my new nokia 620. Speaker when the volume is low is not working properly. Is this a common problem in this new model?
Please use plain text.
Sanchopanda

I have the same problem. The pulsing is really annoying and only "stops" at a volume of 11+...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
alw0

I have noticed this problem when using my bluetooth hands free in the car, which it would appear also affects volume reception as the pulsing has been noticed at the other end. Any ideas?

Please use plain text.
Sanchopanda

[ Edited ]

deep9 wrote:
Hi All ...
Use good software of music download...
Thanks...

Nice troll... but it's "source", not "software". The software has no effect on the quality of the downloaded data. Aside from that you should read the other posts.

It's nevertheless a problem of the phone or at least its software. The same file plays fine on any other device and it also seems to plays fine on the Lumia 620 if I use headphones or any other speaker connected to the line-out.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jamot

I am returning the second lumia 620 due to the same issue.I think it affects many units.

The simple test method is just to open Nokia Music -> Mix Radio (the same source to everyone), turn down the volume to between 1 and 5 and listen to any mix (classic is easier to spot). If you are suspicious about pulsing, then plug in your earphone and compare. Also, I have noticed the speakers of these units basically have a lot more noises.

Please use plain text.
laChriS

Tested it - same result.

But i think thats not a big problem compared to the multitouch issue´s.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
br0mann

The volume on my brand new phone pulses in the range of 1-10. Did this right out of the box. Does anyone think Nokia will release a fix (if this is a software issue), or repair the phones if this is a hardware issue? This is a near deal breaker for me with the Lumias, I love my phone but Ive got a feeling this is a very widespread issue.

Please use plain text.
patrikschmid91

I had the same issue with 2 Lumia 620. I returned both to the store. But I still would like to get a new one.

Does anyone know, if probably the upcoming update will fix this issue? Or has anyone heard anything from nokia?

Please use plain text.
sugo

Hi everybody!! I'm a new user of this fantastic nokia phone, and yes, my lumia 620 have the same issue that many of you mentioned: listening any kind of song, expecially in part where the dinamic of the song is low, i can hear that "compressor effect". I do also hear a "pffffffffffffffff" sound that is ever present under the song

I've updated all of the application possible, did try the soft reset and the hard reset but the problem still remain.

..please, mr. and mss. nokia support team, could you please seriousely check if it's a software or a hardware issue?!

I think it's in nokia's interest solving this issue as fast as possible, or they will see thousand and thousand of fantastic lumia 620 "coming back home" for a problem that maybe could be solved with a software update!

thanks and let all of us know!

stefano

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
robsonj1

+1

Exactly the same issue on my new 620. We need to know if this can be fixed in software asap.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
markbt

My phone just installed the latest update (1308) and I'm happy to say this speaker issue is now fixed. Thanks Nokia.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
karthik1217

Re: Lumia 620 speaker issue

All of a sudden loud speakers stop working,and volume controls does not work either lot of issues with loud speaker.

Please use plain text.