Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 620

Corkchick
Accepted Solution

Lumia 620

Hi I know I am probably doing something stupid but I have tried twice now to send contact info via text message and failed. Is it the same problem as sending a photo via text, which involves me switching off wifi and making sure my data connection is on. I have tried this and still fail. The tap and send is a non runner.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

[ Edited ]

What did you do exactly when trying to send the contact info ? I presume you mean the details of a contact existing in your phone ? Did you use the share option in the contact screen ?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

When sharing contact details via a message it sends it as MMS so you do need to have mobile data turned on. Are you able to send and receive MMS normally anyway?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

..or you may use a 3rd Party application like THIS and send the contact information as a Text Message ...

Please use plain text.
Corkchick

I have been trying to send it as an attachment to a message and from the contact page also which just creates a message and forms the attachment but neither worked. I have managed to send a couple of photos as I sais by switching off my wifi connection but that has not worked for the contact info. I think the solution to go for is downloading an app. That is really a shame that Nokia have put together a really good phone but seem to have forgotten how to do the normal things which they used to do so well. This now and no radio connection also!!! Thanks for all your help.

Please use plain text.