Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 625 does not detect MicroSD cards, please he...

Registered Member
Pepperami33

Lumia 625 does not detect MicroSD cards, please help!

My Lumia 625 does not detect MicroSD cards when inserted.

I have tried powering off/on.

I have tried formating them in my PC.

I have updated my phone to 3050.0000.1334.0007

I have tried a Kingston 64GB SDXC Class10

I have tried a Sandisk Ultra 64GB SDXC Class10

I have tried formatting the cards in various ways including exFAT / FAT32 / FAT64 etc.

The only progress i made was when i tried formatting in NTSC and after inserting the card i recieved a message saying "incomattable formatted card inserted, do you whish to format the card in a compattable format?" After choosing yes, the phone formatted the card and then the card was undetected...

This was confirmed by checking the card in my PC, which confirmed that the card had been formatted using exFAT, which i believe is the correct format for the phone/card.

Clearly the phone is somehow detecting and writing to the card and the card is functioning properly, except that the phone does not detect that the card exists as expanded memory and will not allow me to use it.

Any help with this would be really appreciated!

Becoming quite frustrated now... :smileysad:  

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
jekiboi20

Re: Lumia 625 does not detect MicroSD cards, please help!

Hi Pepperami33,

Have you tried to perform a reset? It will delete all your data so backup is required. See this link: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/how-to/wp8/basics/back-up-my-stuff for the steps on how to backup your files. After creating a backup, go to Settings > About > Reset your phone.

If the reset will not work, it is best to have your phone checked by our care point. Visit www.nokia.com/support for more info about the repair process.

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
boarderguy

Also a class 10 sd card is a bit hit and miss and works on some lumias and not on others
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Also refer Message 5 HERE

Please use plain text.