Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 710 Back button not always working

Advisor
Accepted Solution

Lumia 710 Back button not always working

[ Edited ]

Sometimes (usually many times a day) when I press the back button, I only see a blue vertical line on the right side of the display and I end up to the same page. Then when I press the button again it moves one step backwards.

This bug seems to happen in Windows Phone menus and applications so it doesn't seem to be a bug in a single application.

Has somebody else noticed this kind of problem?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: Lumia 710 Back button not always working

Sounds to me like you are holding the key slightly rather than just pressing it, or the key is getting stuck.

The lumia 800 does it too:
/t5/Nokia-with-Windows-Phone/Vertical-line-theme-coloured-at-the-right-side-end-of-the-screen/m-p/12...
Please use plain text.
Advisor

[ Edited ]

No, I'm pressing the button very shortly and the button is not stuck. This is clearly a bug as it just happens every now and then.

I can not reproduce this bug by holding the button down longer.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

My sisters 710 behaves like the link I posted, I believe this is a Microsoft bug.

It should not do it on a brief press, if it does you've probably got a hardware issue and should get it looked at. www.nokia.com/repair

Please use plain text.