Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 710 - Does it use Nokia pc suite?

Registered Member
sannas

Unfortunately I have to TOTALLY agree with LauraLSM.

Just got (or was "forced" to start using) Lumia as my business phone and have to say that I'm REALLY disappointed when it comes to several functions. The amount of actual working time per day I risk loosing just by trying to answer to text messages with the Lumia is a ridiculous example - I cannot understand how such a simple feature as the connection PC suite used to have can have been lost in the process!

I really sincerely hope Nokia comes up with a quick update of this Zune-software that apparently is designed for anything else than business use.

Sorry to say, I'm seriously considering to get myself another phone to use in pararell.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

[ Edited ]

@sannas

Hi,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums.

The Zune application is published by Microsoft so any suggestions you may have to improve the functionality of this application can be left on the below link:

http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions

Also what difficulties are you having in texting and answering a text? 

Regards

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
nassos

I do agree 100% , I have spent 2days trying to get connected but no luck. PC suite was excellent , Zune is not a business application. Can anybody help ? How can I type SMS  from my PC using Lumia ? Is an update of pc suite or of zune available for Lumia ?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

nassos wrote:

I do agree 100% , I have spent 2days trying to get connected but no luck. PC suite was excellent , Zune is not a business application. Can anybody help ? How can I type SMS  from my PC using Lumia ? Is an update of pc suite or of zune available for Lumia ?

Till now, you can't do what you intend to ..

Please use plain text.
nassos

thank you for the input, do you know if something is under development ?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

No..Sorry, no idea ..

Please use plain text.
AussieBusiness

The Nokia Lumia 710  is like a joke phone!

I was given it because my N8 (after a software upgrade!) started sending messages to the wrong people and incorporating other peolmes messages in them.

The Lumia 710's battery life is not even a day.

Unlike the previous nokias I had it does not have "profiles" for ringtones etc. Previously you could change the setting with just changing the profile. Now the ring is either on or of with vibrate on or off.

My N8 previously spoke the callers name (which was particularly useful in the car to know whethe to answer or not). This phone doesn't.

The voice recognition is extraordinarily poor. Try 10 or 15 times to call someone by name in the car. The N8 used to get it first time.

When you got in the car with the N8 and the blue tooth was connected it would automatically adjust to the profile you had set for the car. Not with the Lumina!

And if you want to use it for business such as connecting it to your computer so you can type and send messages... forget it it simply can't be done. Nor can you print messages using the computer.

And forget about saving your contacts to your sim card it can't do that either! Once it has the contacts on the phone you can’t copy them to the sim card. So if you damage the phone so it can't be used (and trust me... I really feel like doing that!) then you don't have the numbers on a sim card to put into another phone!

Connect it to the computer and it uses Zune a dumb program that sorts pictures and music but does nothing else! Nokia, you have stepped back 15 years with this phone.... oh... that is except if you are a 12 year old who simply wants to social network on it.... what rubbish! I ticked that I use the phone for business.... but apart from making and receiving calls it is useless for business!

Please use plain text.
AussieBusiness

It is simple.... it is a rubbish phone for 12 yearolds to social network.  Not for business...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Desperate500

I must confess I have found this rather disappointing. I have been a loyal Nokia user for quite some time now - getting on 10 years, but having upgraded to the Lumia 710 and finding out I could not use PC Suite has messed me up so much this is going to be my last Nokia phone. A real shame ... but it seems Nokia's corporate policy is to target a generation that I am no longer a part.
Please use plain text.
danielkilburn

So the question is: Will any version of the Lumia Phone with the Windows OS ever work as it should with the Nokia Suite software.

Or is the Nokia Lumia to remain a childs toy thay only supports music, video, pictures and social networking.

The recommended fixes for the lack of Nokia Suite are workable, and rediculous to say the least.

So the question remains; Will any version of the Lumia Phone with the Windows OS ever work as it should with the Nokia Suite software.

Or is my 15 year relationship with Nokia going to end because Nokia will not listen to its customers.

Im am looking at the new Blackberry.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

[ Edited ]

Daniel, Nokia never comments about the future. Consequently, you do not get any official answer to your question.

However, because the development of the Nokia Suite (and the Nokia PC Suite) is ceased completely, the team members are spreading all over the world already, who should do it? The Suite is dead.

Therefore, I ask: Which feature do you miss? Perhaps we find a way to compensate it.

Please use plain text.
MWMartin

It is really rubbish that you cannot back text mesages.

A real failure to consider the customer's needs.

Please use plain text.