Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 710 No Service?

Counsellor

Lumia 710 No Service?

Has anyone else had this? Last night I noticed my phone had No Service and no bars signal displayed, I live in a very good reception area so thought this odd, went into network and did a scan, it found all the networks, I selected automatic, it registered but still No Service, I went in again, scanned and selected my network, it registered and again still no service, I rebooted the phone, still no service, I then pulled the battery and sim restarted and all is back to normal. Has anyone else had this?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Nuanjuu

Even I`m facing the same problem. In my case, the service goes on and off for every 10-15 seconds.  I removed my battery and sim and restarted the phone for no good.  If you find a solution please let me know.  

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

In My case i cant send sms n make calls even after signal...
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ShaoXL

I just flew to US from Europe and despite all efforts could not get connected. Phone just remained in 'no servivce'mode and I already considered it to be a roaming issue with my European operator.

Accidentally I dropped the phone on the floor and the battery slipped out. Putting it back, the phone connected itself.

Very annoying situation.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
vbraju

Even I am having the same problem with my Nokia Lumia 710. Tried removing the battery, SIM, restart....nothing seems to help. The problem is not reproducible always because it happens randomly.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
2012lumiaboy

Try switching of WiFi...seams to only happen to me when in connected on WiFi :smileyfrustrated:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Oliveiradejesus

Many people from different Forums and I are facing the same issue. It's definetely a BUG with the Windows Phone + Lumia 710.
I've sent my mobile twice to Nokia Support Center (since it's brand new and stills under warranty) and it came back the exact same way. The only thing they did was reinstalling the OS.
The SIM Card is recognized, if you go to settings and select the Carrier, it will authenticate. I can normally use the 3G data connection (e.g. for surfing the web), but when I go to make a call, send a SMS, it says NO SERVICE!
Common, who's gonna give me a light for this...
I know we may flash the phone, install hacked ROMs, etc... but I just want the phone working. When I chose the phone I would buy, I was not expecting future headaches... I was wrong!
Here (in Sao Paulo, Brazil) the carrier which I use is VIVO.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
eels

same issue... used the fone for just 44days and is still with the NCC for almost a month's time.
:confused:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
acliff

Suffering from the same problem at the moment. I'm just back from a holiday in Sicily where I had a lot of phone problems and now I can't connect to my provider. I'll try your solution - pull battery & SIM - as soon as I can find my PUK number. Where did I leave it?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Danieltiwonge

Having problems with my L710 with the no service issue. i've tried to remove the battery and replace it but it remains the same. Even tried to scan the network, but still showing the 'no service'. However the network and wifi connection is full. Anyone to help pls!
Please use plain text.
Community Manager
musica

Have you tried removing the SIM card and then replacing it back, Daniel? Have you also tried testing another SIM card to your phone and testing your SIM card to another phone?
Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nttechsavy

My family bought 3 710's. Unfortunately, soon after we bought them they began experiencing no signal and no service issues. We have signal issues about 97% of the time leaving my son to abandon his phone completely. I try but to no avail to get this issue rectified. With my carrier I've been through customer support, tech support and now engineering. The spouse has a work cell that with the same carrier although a different phone works perfectly fine sitting next to me while mine does not. At my wits end with this phone but stuck in a contract. Very disappointed with Nokia 710!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kumarjami

I am facing same problem change my sim card but can't solve the problem.any one please suggest to me.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
littlepockets

had the same proble, what I did was use an air duster and cleaned the sim contact points on the phone.

It seemed to have worked for me but maybe need to be carefull as when I sprayed it also created some water so maybe need to get just the right amount of air  

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
MJS45

I am having same issue, Whether nokia fixed it in new os updates for lumia 710?

Currently I am having os version 7.10.8858.136

and firmware revision no: 1600.3036.8858.12460

Can anyone tell me, Does any new version will resolve issue? :smileysad:

Please use plain text.