Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 710 Phone screen is going off and on whe...

Contributor
ms1213
Accepted Solution

Lumia 710 Phone screen is going off and on when am on a call

Hi,

I am using Nokia Lumia 710 phone and when I am on call and if I want to perform some operations like (this is just an example.) "putting call on HOLD" then phone screen is going off and on .... sometimes I am not even able to perform any options....

Please help.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Re: Lumia 710 Phone screen is going off and on when am on a call

Is there anything obstructing the proximity sensor such as a screen protector, greasy smudge or dust?

Ray.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
WildSabre

If is as rayhipkiss suggests then just remove the obstruction. If you have nothing blocking the sensor then it may be faulty and need a service call.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rohann87

tis s nt a pblm or a bug..it happens because d proximity sensor gets covered and in a way it saves battery backup as we dont nid 2 c d phn whn we talk using d handset,close 2 our ears,once d sensor gets uncovered,d display shows up again...cheerz..!!!

Please use plain text.