Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 710 auto-shutdown & restart after Nokia firm...

Skipster

Lumia 710 auto-shutdown & restart after Nokia firmware and Windows 7.8 upgrade

I upgraded my Lumia 710 to the latest firmware and W7.8 some 3 months ago. Since then the phone regularly shuts down and restarts automatically. I had no issues like this at all before performing the upgrade.

The issue most often occurs when being called, or when trying to call someone. No issues when texting or using any other functions. A restore of the old firmware and OS didn't solve the issue nor upgrading again.

A friend of mine has the exact same issue since the upgrade. I also read about other people experiencing this on other boards, but no-one seems to be able to provide a solution.

It is rather annoying when a phone refuses to work as a phone. Any help / suggestions are welcome.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Re: Lumia 710 auto-shutdown & restart after Nokia firmware and Windows 7.8 upgrade

May i ask how old your sim card is as this seems call related?

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Skipster

Re: Lumia 710 auto-shutdown & restart after Nokia firmware and Windows 7.8 upgrade

The SIM-card is only a year old. Note that both my friend and I as well as the other people I've read about with similar problems only have had this issue since the upgrade(s). It happens primarily when I receive or make calls, but not exclusively, and the friend that has the same issue says it even happens more randomly.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

You should try the sim card first to rule this equation out.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.