Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 710 goes dead while using audio jack

mrg10

Lumia 710 goes dead while using audio jack

I got a Lumia 710 about a month ago. Has worked great except for an odd occurence involving the audio jack that has happened four times now. When listening to podcasts or music with a plug in the audio jack, the 710 has simply gone dead. I only realize it because the sound stops. At that point it is completely dead: the power button doesn't work and none of the various two or three finger salutes I've found on the web does any good. Only pulling the battery has any effect and then the phone boots up and runs normally.

It seems completely random and does not seem related to a particular plug. It has occured when either listening on headphones or when plugged into an audio cord for my car.

Of course, this is not reproducible at will.

Since I'm on T-Mobile, it does not have the WP7.8 update, but does say it is up to date when I check for updates on Zune.The "about" section in settings says that I have:

OS version 7.10.8773.98 

Firmware revision 1600.3030.8773.12120

Hardware revision 112.1402.2.1

I'd rather not have to send it in for repair. I would appreciate any suggestions on how to deal with this.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
paulheu

Does this happen with any cable plugged in or just with cables connected to another electronic device. This sounds like a grounding issue to me..

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
mrg10

Sorry I wasn't back sooner. It only has happened with an audio cord plugged into a car and with standard stereo headphones. When used with the car cord, it's possible that it was also plugged into a charger.

With the headphones, it was not plugged into anything else.
Please use plain text.