Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 710 has stopped responding as a phone

Registered Member
zenxavier

Lumia 710 has stopped responding as a phone

Hi 

I am a Nokia Lumia 710 user. I love the phone and still want to be in the same ecosystem. But in the last two months, my phone has started to become very weirdly only a device and not a phone. 

It started first with Roaming, wherein when I am on roaming the device would stop outgoing call for some reason and no error was reported. I called up Vodafone my service provider , and through repeated complaints they told me it is not a network or service operator level problem, its a device problem. 

- I changed my sim in between

- Did some 4-5 hours of call time with them to analyse the situation

- Also got a special help, they provided me with a dedicated person to look after my phone issues.

Now, my phone switches into the phone mode to device mode on its on call. The device otherwise works like a breeze but the outgoing stops with no avail. No amount of restarting, changing operators does the trick now. 

Vodafone says, if the outgoing is barred and the messaging is not barred then its a device problem. When they barr my phone, all calling stops except service number. When the device stops working, the service numbers also dont work. 

Please help...

Please use plain text.