Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 710 picture message

Counsellor
leucarum
Accepted Solution

Lumia 710 picture message

Several people have sent me picture messages and all I see is a note saying "get media content now",so I press on this and nothing happens,cant recieve any pictures at all.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Re: Lumia 710 picture message

Hi leucarum,

Thanks for posting. You will need to install MMS settings to receive these messages. IF these settings are available on the SIM they would be read and set when first starting the Lumia. After that you can use the app 'Network Setup' which you will find in the Nokia Collection on Marketplace.

Install and run this app and select your operator or alternatively you can set the Internet and MMS settings manually.

Let us know how you get on,

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
leucarum

no its not solved dont understand any of this all other phones I had just did it!!!!!!!!!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
south01

Its your network provider, ask them to send settings to phone as this happened to me a few years back
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
appydavid

Thank you for your informations.......
Please use plain text.
jeremykh68

After setting the phone you need on data mobile to received the MMS. If your phone have been setting received the MMS will be FOC.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ankrotachi10

how do you install mms settings?  this still will not work for me

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jennyh

I had the same problem and was luckily enough to figure it out from above discussion.....

1. go to market place

2. go to "nokia collection" and look for "network setup"

3. install "network setup"

3.5. if you cannot find "network setup" under "nokia collection", please go back to the market place window, click the search button (looks like a magnifiying glass). and type in "network setup"

4. after "network setup" is installed (it should show on your app list), please make sure your data connection is on and it is on "roam" (not sure which one let you read the picture msg but i did turn on both and it worked)

5. go back to your text msg and then click "get media content now", it should show "getting media content", and you should be able to read that msg.

To turn on data connection and roam:

1. go to app list

2. click "setting"

3. choose "cellular". data connection and roaming option should be in this window, turn them on.

Hope this gonna help you, at least this is how i did it :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.