Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 720 battery problem

praveenramkumar

Lumia 720 battery problem

I have been using my lumia 720 for almost a month now...

right now i am experiencing sudden loss of battery charge retention

Except my 2G connection all other network services are disabled(i have turned off location services, 3G, WiFi, Bluetooth, 2G Data Connection, no back ground applicatons either). 

To test i fully discharged my lumia then charged to 100%

The "Battery Saver" in "Settings read" - Remaining battery life : 100%

Estimated Time remaining : 1 day 18 hours(Then i made a couple of calls(not more than 1 minute)

Then Remaining battery life : 97%

if i play music it drops to 50% in less than couple of hours

Are any of you experiencing this??

Please use plain text.
Libbra

Re: Lumia 720 battery problem

I'm having the same problem here.

Whenever I browse the web, the battery life on my Lumia 720 only lasts for 2 - 4 hours.

It's pretty disappointing since I bought the phone because they said it has a long battery life.

Please use plain text.
praveenramkumar

@Libbra - are you on 3G or WiFi? both the wireless connection options will consume more power. 

Try this out, charge your Lumia 720 overnight. Unplug in the morning, and find out if there is any change in your battery charge retention.

i had tried out the above and battery charge retention improved. it lasted 4 days with occassional browsing over WiFi, some calls over 2G and occassional Nokia Maps Navigation. it didnt die on 4th day but i charged it up anyway.

The problem i reported earlier still prevails. if i remove the battery charging once it reaches 100% the charge retention is not good. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
prashanth90

Hi Praveen,

Does it really works?

I am seeing the same issues. Last night it was around 35% and morning it was drained out.

I used to charge till 100 percent and then remove it soon after 100 percent... is that the reason?

I can try out and then let you know.

Can you drop your email ID ? 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Venkateshsundar

Hi, First day after full charge (taken 3 hours to completely charged)  my bateery shows 1 day 15 hours, and then it was dried to 15% after surfing internet continuously for 3 hours, second day I connected my mobile to charging at whole day night ! Now my battery life improved little bit.it shows 2 days 10 hours.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Venkateshsundar - It takes about 10-12 recharges for the battery to stabilise .. You should see much better life after that ..but again the actual life will depend upon the usage ...

Please use plain text.