Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 800 Audio clarity/interference issues ev...

Contributor
sentinalprime

Lumia 800 Audio clarity/interference issues even after latest firmware update?

hi, im still having issues with the audio, seems like the new firmare update just sorted the bass issue but not the audio interference issue. Nokia if your reading this can you please give an eta on a fix as i cant use it as a music player!!

P.s having owned a htc hd7 the sound clarity on that was heaven sent, even had an equaliser, Nokia please sort these issues out!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Xandasmozas

Re: Lumia 800 Audio clarity/interference issues even after latest firmware update?

Hi

I also have an issue with the audio. I don't know if you have the same as me. I don't know if it is only with my Lumia or with everybody's phone.

When I plug it on my desktop speakers (or the nokia speakers that came with the Lumia) to play music and I want to go to the next song it makes an odd sound like a desconexion/conexion of the jack. 
If I stop the music I hear like a pulse of sound.

Has somebody the same problem? 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
masterpeura

Re: Lumia 800 Audio clarity/interference issues even after latest firmware update?

I've had the same problem from the beginning, and thus haven't really bothered listening to music because the clarity and quality is just bad, and it get's on my nerve when I listen to music and change tunes, to hear that damn crackling noise like unplugging my amp, or when listening at low volumes, the disturbance is so annoying it's impossible to enjoy the music.
My first lumia had the earpiece (at least that's what the repair form says) replaced, but I sent it in again after restarts and camera issues, and this brand new device has the same audio problem, I'm on 11501 though.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Xandasmozas

The first time they replaced your Lumia the sound was ok? So maby if I take mine to the nokia care the will give another with the audio fix, isn't it? Or it is only a software problem that it isn't solved yet?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
masterpeura

The old and new one both have the problem.
Please use plain text.
cvik2

[ Edited ]

I am also having  problems after the update. I can only hear the back vocals not the main voice. Also the main instruments are not clear just some vocals tones. Seems like there is a filter. I recently moved from an iphone 4 and unfortunately all i see its truble here. welcome to nokia world.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Hi cvik2,

Welcome to the Nokia Discussion Boards and thanks for posting.

Are you using your old iPhone earplugs? What you describe is a phase issue which is caused by Apple earphones not being compatible with the Lumia (and other) AHJ standard headphone jacks.

If you have the same effect using any other normal set of headphones have your Lumia checked at a local Nokia Care Point.

Let us know how you get on,

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
elliott82

Hi Kosh,

so basically what you're saying is that unless i buy new headphones with this new ahj jack the sound will remain bad? I spent 150 bucks for my earpieces with the "old" plug and i'm not going to throw them away. So what options do i have? Are there any adapters?

Thanks!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Junosama

Every manufacturer seems to be changing in this short of plug interface. Even samsung where you can descern the different types by the stripes they have on the plug, white for new phones, Lumia included and black for the old phones. But for your information the weird amp sound does not go away even with the proper earplugs, you will be able to hear the music and use the mic button normaly though.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sentinalprime

Nokia please release an equaliser

Please use plain text.
Advisor
21empark

Well, I use klipsh image s4's ( without mic) but sound on my lumia is not good at all even after the update, distortion, low volume, bass still minimal. This is a big dissapointment or this otherwise awesome phone

Please use plain text.
Advisor
darkpuh

So if I have interference with other than iPhone headphones, I should go and have my phone checked out?

This is basically the only thing that is keeping me from taking Lumia800 to use as the audio quality just simply sucks big time. And I listen to music a lot.

Well, then there's the fact that Spotify app for WP7 is pretty **bleep** as well as it forgets the offline playlists and won't let you re-sync them without re-install...
Please use plain text.
Contributor
lacxx

Hello,

I have Lumia 800, fw: 12070. I have serious issue when I am using std earphones (WH-208) in phone calls:

- the volume + / - buttons are disabled (does not change volume phisically)

- the volume is at the maximum level

- I got serious switching noise when start the call

- volume goes up to max. when I receive and accept a call while I am listening music on Zune

Do you have the same issue or is it particular for my phone only?

Thanks for the comments.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
darkpuh

I think there's been comments from other users as well regarding the same issues.

Actually didn't know that there was a volume +/- button in the standard headphone. It was so awful, that those I discarded after first try.
Please use plain text.
azhar0106

Well Kosh, I use Senheiser CX180. It sounds terrible with Lumia 800. Clearly, the interference and noise is an issue with the phone not the headphones.
BTW, my first lumia did not have this issue at all but it had battery issue, so I got it replaced. The one I got as a replacement has this noise issue.
I thought it will get fixed with the update but it was still there only bass was improved a little bit...
So, what say?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
lacxx

sorry, my original headset is WH-902. It works well when I am listening to Zune music (mp3).

It gives chaterring and noises when sbody calling me and my headset is on my ears. I cannot decrease the volume with the buttons of the phone.

The problem is existing with the phone original fw: xxx.11501 and still existing with the latest one: xxxx.12070.

Nokia Care suggested me to take the phone back to a Nokia Service Center....

I kepp you informed on the progress of the fix.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
gomezleonardo

I got the same problem. I have audio interference. I hope Nokia fixs this ASAP

Please use plain text.
Contributor
lacxx

Hello,

It is a good news the issue with headset has been solved, without nokia Care. Honestly, I do not know the reason, but it works fine now, now chatters, my voice is ok for the other parties I am speaking to.

I reviewed my apps, deleted unnecessary beta versions and switched OFF the function Easy Handling - TTY/TDD.

I use the original headset I got with the phone.

Lacxx

Please use plain text.