Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 800 - Automatic adjustment of time not w...

Registered Member
Oelrich

Lumia 800 - Automatic adjustment of time not working

There seems to be some problem with setting the correct time automatically.

After setting the time an hour (or some other time) slow or fast and then toggling the automatic time setting feature back on the phone goes in to airplane mode (for some time, mostly just a second but on occasion it stays there). The time is not updated to a correct time.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Re: Lumia 800 - Automatic adjustment of time not working

Hi Oelrich,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forum.

I have tested this on a number of Lumia phones we use for testing purposes with both giffgaff (UK, O2 network) and T-mobile (UK) SIM cards. On both occasions when I set the time an hour ahead and switch on automatic time the Lumia goes into flightmode shortly, this is normal as the phone needs to dis- and reconnect to the network to adjust the setting for time.

As soon as connection is re-enabled the correct local time is set. Also when I change the timezone this is corrected immediately after the Lumia reconnects to the network.

Make sure you are running the latest OS version (7.10.8107.79) and Firmware revision (1600.2487.8107.12070). Also if possible for you verify this on your Lumia with a SIM from a different carrier.

If this does not make a difference contact your local Nokia Care or visit a Nokia Care Point for further assistance.

Hope this helps and let us know how you get on!

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Same for me, time does not auto update no matter what setting I use. ie if set the fast or slow Automatic adjustment does nothing but show flight symbols for a few seconds when changing from manual to auto time.

Neither Microsoft or nokia seem to care.

This I feel should have been fixed by now.

Please use plain text.
zeldoso

[ Edited ]

The exact same behavior with lumia 710 from italy (TIM)

I changed the date manually to see if the time was automatically corrected later, but after 10 minutes since I activated the automatic synchronization the time is still wrong.

It 's a problem more serious than expected because the clock stops when the battery is completely discharged or removed

Please use plain text.
Contributor

seems more common than people think: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1702536

Please use plain text.
Contributor

i don't understand why the phone can't get the time of Microsoft or Nokia servers. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor

after looking into this the problems lie with the way the phone gets the time i think its using NITZ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NITZ

so if the carrier does not support NITZ then the phone will not update the time.

I think android devices get there time from google services & not NITZ

Please use plain text.
zeldoso

what? Why use such unsupported feature to update time. In Italy there is no carrier that support NITZ. Moreover my lumia 710 gains 10 second a day, so I have to put the clock back each week. Kinda retarted.

Please use plain text.