Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 800 Backup

Professor
twopuds

Lumia 800 Backup

I may be missing something staring me in the face but is it possible to create a backup of the Lumia?

I've searched Zune but I'm not seeing it.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: Lumia 800 Backup

@twopuds

If you are using primary computer as soon as "Update" to device software becomes available in Zune it will take a backup.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Professor
twopuds

I had seen that also but want to backup as and when and not just as an update is avalible.

Please use plain text.
Sage
TheBigM

That functionality does not currently exist. It seems like that will come in the next major update.
Please use plain text.
Professor
twopuds

If thats the case I'll stop looking then.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
omster

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
gyankumar

[ Edited ]

could anyone explain what is Lumia 800 Backup.

Moderator's note: We do not allow promotion of any kind, so we have removed the link from your post.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
LumiAudioSucks

Same as any backup, it's a copy of all data on the device. You could use it for restoring the device after a reset, revert or just have it for safety resons. 

Please use plain text.
IamGiant

twopuds,

I feel your pain. I too searched for that option in  Zune but to no avail. I plugged the same phone into my MAC using the Apple equivalent of Zune and the option was there. What's that about? And you know (on MAC) that something is happening because it warns that your phone will shut down and restart (not sure why). When it does that there's a "progress bar" along the top of the phone's screen that you wouldn't have seen before. Conclusive proof your phone's been backed up and none of the guesswork Zune leaves you with.

My advice to you?

Get a MAC to back up your Windows phone   ;-)

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
phlea

TheBigM wrote:
That functionality does not currently exist. It seems like that will come in the next major update.

That was sent in 2011. Am I wrong that the situation hasn't changed since?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
robray100

This phone sorry to say is a waste of space I have just spent over a hour with customer service trying to sort out why my phone keeps locking up.  I recived a txt answered the txt put the phone on the side, about 30 mins later came to use the phone and nothing I could not access the main menu, could not close it down, could not restart the phone,  the only way I could get to use my phone was to restore it from zune to remove all updates and start again.  I contacted Orange my service provider who told me to contact Nokia who was a total waste of space after a hour she decided to tell me my phone was under guarentee and would not be charged.  I would be without my phone until it was repaired.  Ok now to the serious side of things I have lost several txt messages that I really needed to keep nothing can be done says Nokia why did they change from ovi which worked perfect for backups and covered cases like this.  I will never use Nokia again and would never recommend them to anyone.

Please use plain text.