Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 800 Battery/wifi/power issue?

Counsellor
DarthNaga

Lumia 800 Battery/wifi/power issue?

Okay, i got my new Lumia 800 this weekend, and i have had the wifi randomly shut off 3 times now, and each time i have to reboot the phone to get the wifi back as the wifi button just moves when i tap it but nothing happens...when i do shut the phone off it does'nt turn back on straight away when i press the button i actually have to wait a while, then try to turn it on!! Also i'm have the abysmal battery life issues that alot of others are having too...i'm really gutted as this was my first foray into WP7 and my first Nokia in about 8 years..so far i'm impressed with the phone but not with the issues, i do suspect they are software related though..whats the best course of action?

Cheers guys and gals

Please use plain text.
Professor

I'm having the EXACT same problems mate.

I'v emailed nokia about it and they're "looking into it"

It's possible it's a bad batch though and might need to get replacement

Please use plain text.
Advisor

mkr please let us know how things turn out for you. i am becmoming obsessed with my Lumia's battery :smileyhappy: I am checking the damn charge every 30 minuteds to try and understand which features use the most of it. at least I calmed down seeing that the charge only drops 9mAh per hour in standby, with WiFi and 3G OFF. at least I won't miss a call. however, once you go online it is a massacre on the battery... it can drop as much as 100mAh every 15-20 minutes :smileysad:(

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
angels0mething

Same problem here.

had the nokia on thursday and so far I had to reset it 3 times already because of the wifi and battery issue.

I figured it was a software issue but can't say the same now after three reset.

hope there will be a fix soon.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Democratic_Pie

Exactly the same issue with my handset.

The wifi cuts out randomly, try to click the wifi button on the settings menu brings up a blank black screen then reverts back to the main menu. 

And my phone doesn't even last half a day on a full charge. 

Rather dissapointed by happy to know Apples been having battery life problems too ;p 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
DarthNaga

Hmm too many people are having these issues for it to be coincidence, i'm hoping soemoen from NOKIA takes note of these problems, i personally believe its a bad batch...if it does turn out to be software then NOKIA have 4 days (including today) to release a patch as i'm personally retruning mine on saturday to CPW!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
JCinMijas

Hi 

Lets try to figure this one out  together (WIFI cutting off) - Nokia WP has an all different group of settings that are completely different from any other Nokia Device before. I myself am still getting used to them as some are dependant on other settings else where in the menus - Question - have you guys checked in your system settings - battery saver settings??  Now I know that this is only for when you battery is low, but you might remember the first time you activated the setting - you were asked what percentage of low you wanted the saver to kick in, and by default was quite a high percentage and to be honest cant remembr what mine was before I changed it to 5%. Could this be one of the factors - cause if your device is in battery saver mode (a little heart appears on the battery - top right hand corner of the screen) most of your services will be turned off and your wifi connection will go into idle, if you need to check any emails etc, it will connect again - this in battery saver mode.

Now if you battery is not in saver mode, that is something else - I did have an issue yesterday with mine and discovered that it was my WiFi router - changed and no more issues there. Maybe check your WiFi signal too while you at it.

Let mw know how it goes and good luck. 

JC

Please use plain text.
Professor

[ Edited ]

Jc, nothing to do with power saver settings or wifi signals.

The phones ARE defective. End of.

I'm not entirely sure why you have been given kudos for that post to be honest

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

[ Edited ]

I gave JC the kudos because he's at least trying to get to the bottom of the issue instead of moaning about it. There is no harm in trying to find a common denominator that may be behind this whilst we are waiting for confirmation if it's a hardware or software issue.

Please keep this forum constructive and be civil towards others that try to help. If you are frustrated take it out in private with Nokia care or return the product to the store/network. Ranting on this forum solves nothing and discourages people from helping in the future.

Despite what some of the more negative users or trolls are saying Nokia is aware and it is being looked into. A statement may be made at some stage that will officially tell you that. 

Please use plain text.
Professor

Well isn't this forum for people to come and talk about problems, or "moan " as you put it?

It to me seemed like a really pointless unhelpful post. Did we ALL go in and change some phantom settings?

Good to hear that Nokia are looking in to it though.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

[ Edited ]

Moaning in general is fine as long as it's constructive and attempts to get help have been made. Moaning at others that are spending their own time trying to help is unacceptable and against the very nature of this forum.

Having a new phone that doesn't work correctly is frustrating, it's the curse of the early adopter. I've been there many times with many brands.

There's been people on this forum that don't have Lumia's, some that have never even used one that are being as negative as possible and this rubs off on people. I know you are a lumia owner and know you are annoyed but just please keep it civil on here. If you are unwilling to wait for a statement or fix (I totally understand if you are not willing to wait) then I suggest you contact the network or store.

At the moment i'm trying to obtain a Lumia so that I can assist people better and also curious about this very issue.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

You are one of the first users to get the Lumia and suffer from this issue for several days now and maybe you have already gone through all these options and settings looking unssucessfully for a solution, but others may not have done that. You frustration is perfectly understandable, but it would have been more useful for everyone, incl. yourself,  to post that you have tried all that and it doesn't work.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
DarthNaga

[ Edited ]

Hi JC, my battery saver mode has been turned off since day one and i still get the wifi issue :smileysad:

I really appreciate you looking into these problems JC :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Professor

I am willing to wait for a statement and a fix. I think the people coming on saying I am leaving if this isn't sorted tomorow are being ridiculous. Yes it's unfortunate that nokia have messed up...yet again but it's a bit rash to not give them a chance to fix it.

Fair enough, I'll be nice but I honestly saw no point in that post.

I have emailed nokia myself actually so I AM trying to do something about it
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Fair enough that you saw no point but it may help establish a pattern. Also please refrain from spamming people's mailboxes with accusations of "buffoonery", this is a forum where people help each other out.

If you cannot accept that or see no point in others posts then I suggest you hit the "log off" button and never return.

Hopefully the civil, helpful users of this forum can help each other or help nokia to get to the bottom of this highly annoying issue quickly.
Please use plain text.
Professor

[ Edited ]

"Hopefully the civil, helpful users of this forum can help each other or help nokia to get to the bottom of this highly annoying issue quickly."

Thanks, I'll try

Not quite sure you are familiar with what the term spamming means though

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
DarthNaga

I have now done a hard reset and i won't be installing any apps, just to see if that makes a difference :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jragar

let me know how that goes, I'm interested to see if this makes any difference
Please use plain text.
Professor

/t5/Nokia-with-Windows-Phone/Lumia-800-poor-battery-life/td-p/1217129/page/4

post 79 guys here on there......:squint:^

That's what it should be like. Bad batteries I say. shame they can't send us new ones....
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
DarthNaga

Well after doing a complete hard reset and installing no app's its made no difference and the phone has dropped wifi again, i'm off to CPW tonight to get an exchange.
Please use plain text.