Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 800 Battery/wifi/power issue?

Advisor
JCinMijas

Morning guys, just to let you know that since I detected that issue with my WiFi router - my signal has not dropped since on the Lumia 800. Maybe just fortunate with mine and if others are having issues - I agree could be a faulty device and needs replacement at the point of sale where you got it. After all it's fair to say that any brand will always have a small percentage of products that will have a defect - quite normal and Nokia are no exception.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
DarthNaga

Hey JC, the issue  for me is definitely with the phone as the wifi dropping out happens at home as well as work, so thats two different routers and broadband services :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
angels0mething

same here.

did too many reset of the phone now tto find any other justification.

what really bugs me is that there is no option to back up those wp7.

Please use plain text.
ilyasgndz

I have the wifi issue as well. I've reset the phone and it didn't fixed the issue. Let me know if there is a solution.

Please use plain text.
MyFirstWP

I have my Lumia 800 since last Friday, and with WI-FI always on, data connections always on, I need to recharge my phone after 40 - 48 hours of usage. I use it basically for browsing, listening to music, about an hour a day, playing games, but not much. Having in mind that my old Android phone was discharged with more than 50% after browsing for half an hour I can say that I'm more than happy. This is my very first Nokia and my very first WP, and I'm pretty sure that I will never get back to any Android device. Android is too boring, and you have to wait for ages to get new update.

Please use plain text.
evs1981

Just had the firmware update this evening. Unfortunately still have the WiFi issue. I'm hoping that battery life may be improved though...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
DarthNaga

MyFirstWP please don't take offence, but you sound like a Nokia plant, EBERYTHING you are saying goes againt almost all our experiences here.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
judderz

Hi guys,

I was just wondering if any of you had heard anything back of Nokia regarding the wifi issue? I've had my Lumia since monday and have only gone one day without the wifi dropping and the phone not turning on after restarting. I've sent an email myself today but just wondered if anyone else has had anything back from them. Also has anyone sent their handset back and recieved a new one? Are the issues still there?

Cheers

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
DarthNaga

Okay, on day 3 of my 2nd Lumia 800 and it seems like the Wifi issue doesn't exist on this phone, however the battery still seems a bit cack on this one...
I charged it over night, took it off charge about 3 hours ago, its down to 93% but in all fairness i also up until 5 mins ago had location services on (which i never use anyway) and data on (which i usually turn off while at work, due to wifi being present)
That said we shouldn't have to turn off all these features just to get our phones to last a day...heres hoping the two updates make a big difference.
Will monitor more and keep you updated.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

For those of you who are as I am, testing various settings for power drain, there is an app in the Marketplace called Connectivity shortcuts which will make is easier to turn settings on and off when required.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
judderz

Right then, I got a call earlier today from Nokia telling me to reset my phone to see if that cures the problem. If not then they'll speak with my network provider to issue a replacement handset. Progress maybe! In regards to the issues raised about battery life, i have found i can get a days use with a fair amount of battery left if everything is turned off. I do have to say though, after a reletively short text conversation the other day the battery meter did drop a fair bit. As said before why should we have to turn everything off just to get a full days use out of our phones!!!!

Please use plain text.
evs1981

Hey judderz, 

Who have you contacted at Nokia regarding the WiFi issue?  I am still having this problem (ironically when the WiFi drops it appears to coincide with the worst battery performance), just thought I may be able to cut out the middle man!

Cheers in advance!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
judderz

Hi,
I sent nokia an email and one of their employees rang me yesterday. The email i sent to was, contactcentre.europe@nokia.com. To be fair they messaged me back very quickly to say they'd recieved my complaint and were looking into it. Include your IMEI and Phone number in your email
Hope that helps
Please use plain text.
Advisor
south01

have Nokia fixed the wifi and battery problem yet?

in Australia and  lumina arent here yet...

im reading with interest....

Please use plain text.
evs1981

Exchanged my phone, no WiFi issues and getting about 40 hrs battery life now! Happy days!  Love this phone!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
south01

op stuff evs you guys had me worried lol
Please use plain text.
somaready

any solutions to the wifi issue yet? I have the exact same issue with wifi crashing after 4-5 hours (not related to better life - happens even while on charge). Have to restart to get wifi working again.

Lumia 800

Provider: Orance, France

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
gogeta_128

change your phone, i had the same issue and the phone stopped working, have changed the phone and no more problems, seems an hardware issue to me
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
DarthNaga

Well..i honestly thought i was in the clear with this phone...obviously not! Yesterday the phone's wifi crapped out, so i rebooted (well it took about 4 attempts to turn it back on!) but i thought that maybe it was a one off..NOPE!

Literally five mins ago the wifi had crapped out, so i turned the phone off and it would not turn on, i plugged it into my PC and the phone then came back on showing a low battery sybol even though it was at at least 50%!!!, after about 6 attempts of holding the power button in it FINALLY came back on!!

Going back to carphone tomorrow to get ANOTHER replacement...this is not cool!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jigarb

Hi...my wifi goes off as soon as the phone goes off to sleep and comes on when I wake it. This is extremely annoying as I don't get push updates when the wifi is off...does anyone know how to get this sorted?

Please use plain text.