Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 800 Battery/wifi/power issue?

Mobile Visionary
foxmeister

[ Edited ]

jigarb wrote:

Hi...my wifi goes off as soon as the phone goes off to sleep and comes on when I wake it. This is extremely annoying as I don't get push updates when the wifi is off...does anyone know how to get this sorted?

This is a normal power saving feature. you should still get updates if you have your Mobile data enabled.

Unfortunately, If you don't have this enabled, you will only receive updates when your phone is in use and Wi-Fi is enabled

If this Post is helpful. A click on the White Kudos star is always Appreciated

Last Nokia: Nokia Lumia 800

Current Phone: A Non Nokia Device

Previous Phones:Don't Ask ;-)

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
cuscodemon

I've had my Lumia 800 for a couple of months now - pretty happy with it, once I'd got my head around having a smartphone for the first time!

I'd found a few weeks ago I was having similar issues with not being able to connect to a wifi network when I turned wifi on - it would start looking for networks, not find anything, then either lock up or not do anything when I tried to get back on to the wifi list - only cure was to press the power button for 10 secs to reset.

I think I've found the cause though. I'm in the habit of turning off wifi, data, etc to prolong battery life (it's now up to just about 5 days per charge on average, up from just over 3 days when I first got the phone), and I used to slide the wifi to off when it was still in the middle of the network search and connection process. Recently, I've let it do its thing, finish finding and connecting to the current wifi network, BEFORE turning off wifi, and since then, it's been behaving perfectly.

So, to recap, before turning off wifi, make sure it's first finished searching and connecting in the list of available networks. Hope that helps some of you.

Please use plain text.
Black000White

[ Edited ]

I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF THE 800 ITS BACK AGAIN WITH VODAPHONE .............. I DONT WANT IT BACK,

ON A REGULAR BASIS I'M REBOOTING IT, LOOSING INFORMATION ETC EVERYTIME HAVING TO BACKUP EVERY DAY, ITS LAUGHABLE!!!!      

Moderators notes: Baseless and off topic remarks removed.

Please use plain text.