Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 800: Display does not show when I am calling...

carlo23

Lumia 800: Display does not show when I am calling or when an SMS is received.

When making calls, display blacks out, although it still connects, I can't cancel the call or input numbers in cases where i am calling extension lines and it really is frustrating. Same goes with an sms arriving, before it shows briefly even when the phone is locked but now, it doesn't.

I just recently upgraded my OS to windows 7.10 and this is when these started. Is there a fix for this?

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
tiny_chef

Re: Lumia 800: Display does not show when I am calling or when an SMS is received.

Hi carlo23,

Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions!

Are you using a protective screen cover? If you do, it is possible that it activates the proximity sensor in the device which explains why the display blacks out during a call to prevent accidentally ending the call.

As for the SMS, do you mean to say that when the phone is locked, there is no notification that a new message received? Aside from updating your device, have you tried the steps provided here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2606900 ?

I have tried replicating your concern. The phone should light up and the new message notification should appear on the upper portion of the screen.

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.