Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 800 - Does it use Nokia pc suite?

Counsellor
titch81
Accepted Solution

Lumia 800 - Does it use Nokia pc suite?

Does the Nokia Lumia use the Nokia PC Suite?

And why doesn't the phone show up in my computer? when it is connected by the USB, Zune shows and I can do things by that but doesn't show in my computer.

Thanks in advance for any help

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

The Lumia isn't compatible with any of Nokia's PC software. It uses Zune only.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

Also the Lumia does not have Mass memory mode, which is why your PC cannot see it as an external drive/memory, only Zune sees it as a media device.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
escomputers

so I can't connect my pc to internet through lumia via usb?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
khelsing

What is Zune ?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
mechanimal82

It's Microsoft's multimedia store/player.

http://www.zune.net/
If I have helped you, please hit the star at the bottom of my posts - it's appreciated!
Don't forget if your problem is solved to press the "Accept as Solution" button.
Please use plain text.
Sage
kevgallacher

[ Edited ]

Zune is the name of Microsofts music service across phones, PC, mp3 players and Xbox. You can pay for music and videos through the service. You can think of it like iTunes.
Currently you need the Zune software on PC to connect your windows phone in the same way iPhone needs iTunes.

Moderator's note: Rumoured information removed. Discussing any rumours about yet unannounced or possibly upcoming Nokia products is not allowed.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
katiem

Did you get an resolve on this.... I too have been trying to connect the lumia and just saw this forum.  Zune doesnt allow you to transfer a file ( DVRX.264 ) to my phone and i require this to allow me to view security cameras.

Has anyone any suggestions im at my wits end trying to get this set up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
LaMarkku

From a whole day's trials it seems that Lumia, in my case Lumia 610, does not support Nokia Suite. It is not possible to connect to Nokia Suite, or to Nokia PC Suite, via USB or via Bluetooth.

I have 200 phone numbers in the address book of my Windows PC but I cannot transfer them to my new Lumia 610 !!

I've started to key them in manually one by one, and feel frustrated. I lost my old phone so there is no way to use the old SIM card as an intermediary.

Does somebody have a solution to this, or do you share the same bad experience?

Please use plain text.
LaMarkku

After all, I found a working turnaround solution to the problem.

- Export the Windows address book data in your PC into calling cards. This can be done by using your e-mail programme or Nokia Suite.

- E-mail all the calling cards to your Lumia, and store them.

This is a global way of doing it, and it's quite fast.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

You might want to have a look at this post about syncing contacts with your Lumia.

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
hajiga

Re: Am able to trasnfer my pictures and music from my laptop to phone and vise visa but not files. ist posible that i can trasnfer my files too, please help.

hajiga

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
tiny_chef

What files are you referring to? You can use Skydrive to transfer them from PC to phone. Sign in your Microsoft account, click on Skydrive. Save them into your account. You have to make sure that  you are using the same Live ID on PC and on the phone. You can download them to the phone. :smileywink:

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nihaoye

[ Edited ]

so did any way can let me backup contact, message, calender, document, picture, video, etc... from nokia lumia??

n sms, edit calender, contact, etc via pc..

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
tiny_chef

Backup of data is done through synchronization.

For contacts, calendar (hotmail) - this automatically backed up on your Live ID

Picture, videos - can be synchronized through Zune software

Messages - it cannot be backed up. 

You can edit your contacts and calendar by accessing your hotmail/Live account on the web. Same with files that are saved on your Skydrive.

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
rakeshlumia

Tiny chef how to download torrents from lumia 920?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

Currently no such apps to download torrents on windows phone os....though you can control utorrent client of your pc from your 920 using utorrent remote official app http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/%C2%B5torrent-remote/6f626785-a6f6-4913-ab0c-ae8b67ced08...
Please use plain text.
cantdothings

Well, I got a nokia lumia 800  and it can't use nokia pc suit to transfer my contacts and messages into my computer, that **bleep** me off,  I don't like that app zune, it is not fast and easy to use, and also you lose time doing things on that thing, is that possible to make my phone connect into the nokia suit? , why when I put my nokia phone into my computer it asked me to download nokia suit and it dont work? is that me doing something wrong? my husband have a nokia lumia 710 and he can use nokia suit normally!  please help me!

Please use plain text.
ondrejroznovjak

Lumia 800 - Does it use Nokia pc suite?

Hi, I got troubles because I smashed my screen realy badly on Lumia 800 and now I need to get data (contacts) out of it. Zune supporting pictures, videos, music. PS suite looks not compatible. Can someone help, pls?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
MrLinks85740

Hi I have a Nokia Lumia 820 installed the Zune app does'nt work just works with windows phone app. The thing is I have media downloaderon my phone downloaded aolt of videos i want on my pc its show me that i need to connect through zune or media downloader pc client, zune does not pick up my phone and pc client's link has also expired. How do I get this videos from my phone on to my pc

Please use plain text.