Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 800 Ease of Access menu - where is it?

cspiby

Lumia 800 Ease of Access menu - where is it?

On the features of Windows Phone 7 it states that you can enable Caller ID Announce which is under the Ease of Access menu, this Ease of Access menu is not present on my unlocked Nokia branded phone.

This feature is essential for me, and was one of the reasons for buying the phone (I was under the impression there was no fragmentation allowed on WP7 phones?), it is especially useful when you're wearing a bluetooth headset  to have the callers name announced over it.

This feature was on my N97 so quite why you have ommitted it from the Lumia 800, I don't know.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
SequoiaGrove

Re: Lumia 800 Ease of Access menu - where is it?

I have Lumia 800 and I have it under:

Settings – Ease of Access – Enable Speech for Phone Accessibility

So "They" did not leave it out.

Please use plain text.
Professor
caitlin1759

There was a thread on this.It has been missed out in various locations. That option doesn't exist on my UK T-Mobile Lumia. It's not something I need but it's not there.

Please use plain text.
cspiby

It's not present on any EU firmwares, what are you using?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
SequoiaGrove

I got mine from "3" in Denmark. Firmware: 1600.2487.8107.12070

Please use plain text.
Sage
ArminG

[ Edited ]

It is a USA FCC requirement. Hence only USA models or models that are also sold in the USA (certain open market) have it.

(Don't shoot the messenger :smileyhappy:)

Please use plain text.
cspiby

Why remove it? It wouldn't cost them anything to leave it in.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Blackman555

Then how come I do have this option on my Lumia 710 from the Netherlands ? Bought it the 30th of may, and it was there. Settings->System->Ease of access->Speech for phone accessibility

Mind I'm dutch, so is my provider. As far as I know, there are no USA FCC requirements in the Netherlands.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Whereas UK Lumia 710 has both "ease of access" and "speech", UK Lumia 900 only has "speech" for some reason:

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
lumiasandeep

I just bought  a new lumia 800 and the 'speech for phone accessibilty' option is default off and the slider is missing. I am on Tango. I live in India

I have a friend who has the same setup - Lumia 800 and Tango. He has it. 

Is there some way to activate it? I have turned on all possible options in 'speech'

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
SequoiaGrove

It is only available if you choose english language for the interface.

Please use plain text.