Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 800 GPS not working

geoffhv

Lumia 800 GPS not working

[ Edited ]

Have tried unsuccesfully since February to get the GPS to work in Nokia drive. Was hoping the new update would fix it. Have updated the new software, updated to Nokia Drive 2.0 and done a factory reset - still have the same result sometimes get a fix and then it says GPS lost and counts the time since signal lost. Diagnostic feature does not include a GPS test.

Have downloaded many GPS programs, always the same  - 1 fix and then no further running fixes to give speed etc

Anyway of clearing this problem.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

Re: Lumia 800 GPS not working

Could certainly be a faulty GPS Antenna, however the initial lock for gps can often take a while, depending on location and surrounding terrain. Just try standing in an open space for up to 20 minutes to get a good lock, once phone has all data stored from satellites, the next time you use it , you should find it locks on quickly. If this doesn't work then I suggest using your warranty and get the handset repaired at a Nokia Care Point.

Good Luck

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
chonglol

hmmm sounds similar to the problem i have been facing with my 710, however this is the first time ive read about it happening on the 800..

only solution is to send it in to your local nokia care and get your reciever or motherboard replaced.

good luck!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mspirit

Same issue and looks like this phone is going to service
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mayur1508

same with my lumia610

Please use plain text.