Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 800 IS restarting continously | HELP ME

Advisor
manju6424

Lumia 800 IS restarting continously | HELP ME

Can anyone help me in this.

My cell(lumia 800) is restarting continuously until the battery is completely drained out.

It will turn on and displays NOKIA and after that it is supposed to display Microsoft Phone buts it’s not booting up till there.

IS there any problem with the OS or with the primary memory (i guess memory where OS is stored)

the device is from other country and i will not get warranty in INDIA, when I checked with NOKIA CARE ,as per them it cannot be resolved it seems.

Somebody please help me.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
lumia1963

Re: Lumia 800 IS restarting continously | HELP ME

This has been happening to mine lately, but thankfully after three or four reboot cycles it seems to boot OK.

I can't be sure, but it appears to me to be something to do with either bluetooth or wifi when this happens. It never happens when both are switched off. I'm wondering if it is trying to make a connection over BT or wifi too early in the boot process and this is causing a crash.

Do you have any active bluetooth or wifi hotspots nearby? If so try turning them off or move the phone out of range. As I said it may not be this but you sound desparate and it's worth a try...

Good Luck

tony

Please use plain text.
Advisor
manju6424

Hi lumia1963

Thanks for ur suggestion, Even i tried turning off the Wifi Router. Problem seems not to be with Wifi or with the blueooth...i think since this issue happend the device might have restarted thousands of time automatically. IT will not Boot up at all..Its like a DEAD PHONE. Now i have sent it Nokia's Head office in INDIA.

Hoping for the best

once again Thank u for the reply.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
LUMIA800_FAIL

This is happening to me now as well. Rendering it impossible to use the phone!

Did you manage to find a solution at all??

Please use plain text.
Advisor
manju6424

Not yet, I gave it to nokia service point where they said that to open the device they have to be paid a minimal amount which is equal to the cost of the device itself. So i thought to keep that device in home as a show piece.

With lots of disappointment i am trying to forget that device.

I hope ur issues is fixed soon, and if it is the let me know its humble request.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
LUMIA800_FAIL

Mine started after i got off a plane journey - does that ring any bells with anyone?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Simonlumia800

Hey guys! I just googled it and came on this page. I have the same problem, my phone continuously reboots itself! It started yesterday when 5 got of the airplane. It suddenly started to restart itself every few minutes. This phone was imported in China before its was released here so no warranty...  I have no idea what to do about it. I use it as my main phone with all my important contacts in it.

Please use plain text.
vlad1403

Same thing happened to me, as I was crossing borders (so similar to the plane problem). Initially it would work for a few seconds, so I managed to put it in flight mode and it has worked like this since then. Whenever I try to turn off flight mode however, it restarts...

Right now I'm abroad and I don't have access to my main PC... has anyone tried a reset or a backup restore?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Just a hunch but try removing and starting the phone without the sim and see what happens.

Please use plain text.
vlad1403

Forgot to mention, but I've tried that as well. Even with the SIM card removed it restarts as soon as try to turn off flight mode... (as it tries to connect to a cellular network so that emergency calls will work, I guess)

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Alsway

User gave me his phone this morning. Constantly rebooting. Tried the soft restart but no diiference. He took pictures between last backup yesterday and this morning. No problem with swapping the device for a new one but the pictures cant be saved. Same with the sim removed. Would just like to know why this has happened as we have a lot in the business.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
lennonfan

I have lumia 710. I am facing exactly the same problem now.  It reboots every 5 minutes. Damn annoying it is. Did anyone find solution to it?

Please use plain text.
vlad1403

For me, a hard reset solved the problem (settings->about->reset your phone). This means you'll lose some data (e.g. text messages) and you'll have to reinstall all apps, etc. It could be a good idea to put it in flight mode before resetting it (because, at least in my case, it was never restarting while in flight mode).

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Edmundo

Mine is a Lumia 900. It started to do so after I switch language from Spanish to English (at least that's when I noticed it).
I took it to technical service (after I hard reset it twice) and they found nothing.
They just reinstall the OS. I switch back the language to English and it is resetting again (after a couple of weeks).
I am switching back to Spanish so I hope it works.
I'll keep you posted but after 6 or 8 weeks to see if it fixes my problem.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Edmundo

I know, I promised to post in 6 weeks; but I noticed after I switch language back to Spanish the battery is not draining as fast as it was, so hopefully I found my solution.
By the way I live in Mexico, that's why my phone was in Spanish.
I hope this post is useful to any of you guys.
Please use plain text.