Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 800. Low quality of photos (3MP instead ...

przemkovv
Accepted Solution

Lumia 800. Low quality of photos (3MP instead of 8MP)

Hi, 

I've just bought Nokia Lumia 800 and I have problem with camera. The taken pictures have 1632x1224 pixels resolution (like 3MP) instead of 3264 x 2448 pixels (8MP). In options the 8MP resolution is chosen and focus mode is normal (not macro).

Every taken has a smaller resolution than it should...

Similar thing is with 7MP and 2MP.

Had anybody a similar problem? The software is updated to the latest version.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
JCVD

Re: Lumia 800. Low quality of photos (3MP instead of 8MP)

That's because you are sending the pictures via email (they are automatically resized). The original pix are 3264 x 2448. You have to get them to your PC through the Zune software.
Please use plain text.
przemkovv

Yes, this is it . I sent my photos via email.

Is there a way to force sending pictures with full resolution?
Please use plain text.
pemi

hi!!

I got the same problem. i don't find the problem solved. Where do you change the settings so the pictures get sent at full size. Where do oyu turn the "automatic resize" of??

/Micke

Please use plain text.
pemi

*bump*

Please use plain text.
Sage
d12south

Open your email from the browser. Example go to http://www.gmail.com/ and sign in, compose an email and attach the pictures 1 by 1.

Please use plain text.
pemi

that kind of defies the purpose of having an email client in the phone. im looking for the setting to turn the auto resize of.

/M

Please use plain text.
Sage
d12south

Your right, but what Im offering you is a solution to send your pictures full size. 

I think theres no setting to not-resize.

Please use plain text.
pemi

thats bad, who made that decision to not allow to send fullsize pictures, thanks anyway

i thought dinosaurs were extinct but.... hmm.. windows phone

Please use plain text.
stefanpn

This is very disappointing, why there is a need to automatically re size my photos, I want them in full quality. This is just *dumb*, is it default in Windows Phone or it is a Nokia feature?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
amd007

Appears to be a Nokia feature. I have a series40 phone (C3-01) and it does exactly the same when sending pictures using email, even if you use a wifi connection that is supposed to support heavier traffic. Absolutely agree with you, this s disappointing and "dumb".
Please use plain text.