Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 800 - No A2DP bluetooth profile .

Sage
d12south
Accepted Solution

Lumia 800 - No A2DP bluetooth profile .

Hey guys I was looking at the Lumia 800 specs and it seams it only supports Bluetooth 2.1.

My Nokia N8 supports A2DP bluetooth profile which connects automatically to my cars stereo and streams voice, audio and music in very high quality.

I understand Buetooth 2.1 is a much older profile which does not support audio streaming, neither automatic pairing to headsets, speakers ect.

What about bluetooth file sharing? Will this phone have restricted sharing as the iPhones?

Can someone please confirm this?

Best regards,

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: Lumia 800 - No A2DP bluetooth profile .

@d12south

Similarly you can't transfer photos by Bluetooth as media has to be transferred using Zune!

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Whilst the Lumia 800 can't transfer files via bluetooth, like the iPhone, it is still listed as compatible with the A2DP protocol so audio streaming should be ok. Unfortunately I wasn't able to test A2DP when I was using the Lumia last week but can confirm that I was unable to transfer files via bluetooth.

Source of A2DP information:
http://www.developer.nokia.com/Devices/Device_specifications/Lumia_800/

Media can be transferred via the free 25gb skydrive account or email if zune isn't available when you need it.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Hi, I am just as curious to find out if it supports bluetooth file transfer. Well, it looks like it doesn"t & I might as well kiss goodbye to the Lumia.
Cheers mate!
Please use plain text.
martydoc

No it doesnt support BT file transfer, in any way whatsoever

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Henk2304

[ Edited ]
In the specs I read:

Local connectivity
Wi-Fi
Micro-USB
Bluetooth 2.1 +EDR
High-Speed USB 2.0
3,5 mm AJH-connection
Bluetooth Stereo Audio

And the Nokia Stereo Bluetooth Head Phone BH-905i is listed as an accessory.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
_SPu_

[ Edited ]

FYI to topic opener ..Integration to car systems works perfectly (Volvo, model year 2012).

Bluetooth audio streaming, answering/ending calls (etc), contact transfers to car's telephone system, automatic pairing to car systems etc. No issues.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Pexer

Disagree. The Contact transfer, general phone usage works fine.
However: in Mercedes B180 music streaming doesn't work aswell as Phone Calls beeing ended when ignition is turned off.
iPhone and other models works fine.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ejovi

The Xbox 360 bluetooth headsets support ADP2, so you can stream music and netflix audio wirelessly. I'm not sure if any other bluetooth headsets work like this.

Nokia phones (Owned 1999-Now):
5110, 3390, 3520, 6230, 6682, N72, 5800 XM , Lumia 800, Lumia 900 (Currently owned)
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Pexer

Doesn't surprise me that it works with other ms products. But still, it doesn't seem to be a compability queen... :smileywink:
It does not stream to my hf, while other phones do.
Please use plain text.
Sage
matthewleech

Hi all :smileyhappy:

Any suggestions as to why my Lumia can't see a 2012 Golf's blutooth connection?

N8 worked without any probs at all.

Please use plain text.
Sage
matthewleech

It's working now :smileyhappy:

Somehow the car's bluetooth visibility got switched off after pairing my N8, that's why the Lumia 800 could not see it.  While stationary this morning I started flicking through the car's settings and found an option to make the bluetooth connection visible for three mins. Lulu was able to see the car, paired nicely and started playing her music.

Luverly :smileyhappy:

Happy days!

Please use plain text.