Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 800 Opel/vauxhall CD400 bluetooth proble...

helverlarsen
Accepted Solution

Lumia 800 Opel/vauxhall CD400 bluetooth problem

Hi

Does anybody (nokia) have a solution to the following:

My Lumia 800 (with newest firmware) can only receive call via the car kit.

Calling via the car kit is not possible. the contacts and dialing list are transfered.

A iphone works fine

Yours

Erik

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
foxmeister

Re: Lumia 800 Opel/vauxhall CD400 bluetooth problem

Just checked the Manual for your head unit.

It appears that this only supports SAP (Sim Access Profile). The Lumia supports PBAP (PhoneBook Access Profile)

so it looks like you won't be able to access your Lumias contacts via the Handsfree

If this Post is helpful. A click on the White Kudos star is always Appreciated

Last Nokia: Nokia Lumia 800

Current Phone: A Non Nokia Device

Previous Phones:Don't Ask ;-)

Please use plain text.
helverlarsen

That´s right. But it shouldn´t it be possible to dial via the handsfree set ?
My old iphone could with the same car set ...
I can see all my contacs on screen off the car + the dialling list, but when i choose dial to one of them, it just returns to the level before. No error is shown..
Erik
Please use plain text.
CJTauber

Same problem here with my Opel Insignia OPC Unlimited - which is very limited in respect to the Nokia Lumia 800 Bluetooth capabilities :-) The DVD 800 worked pretty good with the HTC 7 Pro I used before buying the Nokia, and the main reason for switching to Nokia was their experience with rSAP and hands-free connections.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
EdwinD

Hi All,

In this message thread is states this issue is solved. However I only see a confirmation of the problem and no solution.

Anybody figured this out yet? Bit of a bummer to find you have a really nice phone and equally nice, but sadly incompatible car... ;-(

Let me know!

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Hi EdwinD,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting!

The carkit, when in SAP mode, will actually use the radio built in to the carkit to make or receive calls and connect to the phone to register the SIM with the network. As the Lumia does not support SAP the carkit is basically a phone without SIM so it cannot make or receive calls.

The carkit needs to be able to connect to the phone using the bluetooth handsfree and headset profiles by which means the phone will make and receive calls as controlled by the carkit and the audio will be send to and from the carkit audio system.

Let me know if you have any more questions,

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
znarf

No it does not solve the issue. I connect the Lumia800 to the Insignia and it supports just the Head set functionality, not HFP. If I select a number from the telefonebook via car I get an error message.

Also the provider and the signal quality is not displayed. Which worked with my old Nokia 6233 and the HTC HD2. 

One of the reasons buying a Nokia was the sometimes disconnect of the HTC to the car. Now it is even worse.

Regards

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Re: Lumia 800 Opel/vauxhall CD400 Bluetooth problem

Hi snarf,

What error message do you refer to? From what you describe it seems you are using the carkit with SAP(SimAccessProfile) which the Lumia, as a Windowsphone device,  does not support.

You cannot use the carkit itself to make or receive calls, this will have to be done on the phone and for this the carkit will have to connect to the phone using PBAP(PhoneBookAccessProfile) and HFP(HandsFreeProfile).

If the carkit is using SAP it will not use these, at least not the HFP as it is mutually exclusive to SAP.

Let me know if you have any further questions,

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
znarf

Hi Kosh,

I connect as "hands free mode" . During connection the Lumia shows shortly "headset" before displaying "UHP..." which is the name of the car. The Phonebook is transfered to the car kit. But if i select a number from the phone book via car kit, I cannot call. So the car kit (DVD800) just provides the functionality of a headset.

It worked with my old Nokia and my HTC using HFP and PBAP.

Best regard 

Please use plain text.
keepsmiling1978

Hi everyone,

I have the same issue with my Opel Insignia NAVI900 and the Lumia800. The car does not support SAP, as this would have been an option that I didn't purchase.

I have access to the phonebook as well, but cannot do any call which is really annoying.

When I connect my phone it appears that connection is also done with the headset profile instead of Handsfree. At least it shows "Headset" on the phone before the car device name UHP8... appears.

I hope there will be any solution soon...as I like the phone. But with that bug I have to give it away again..that's garbage.

Thanks

keepsmiling

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jeebee1982

Hey All,

is there still some activity arround this issue? It is still marked as solved, but is definitely NOT. Very anoying when you have a great car, but a smartphone that doesn't work with it.. If I have to make a choice between a nokia Phone, or a car, I know what has to go.. :-/

So please Nokia, do something about this bluetooth incompatibility..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
gabor78

Hi All,

I have similar issue with my Lumia 710 and Opel Vectra UHP. 

My story (shortly) :smileyhappy:

When the phone was brand new , was able to connect to my UHP. Handle all the phone book contacts. I've been really happy , because had some problems with nokia n8 too previously.

Problems started when I used wlan connection at home, after this point the phone just connected for 2-5 sec and disconnects.  I tried 2-3 times , just to identify the problem. After reset my phone to factory setting was OK.

Does anybody know solution for this? 

Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
m455954

I have exactly the same issue with my Lumia 800 and my brand new Vauxhall Ampera. Since this thread has been marked as solved when it most definitely is not, and will therefore get no further notice from the support staff I have started a new thread here.

It would be good if we could get everyone who's having this problem to post in the new thread so we can show Nokia how much of a problem this is.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
m455954

Great - so now they delete the post so nobody can even see it!!

I was SO happy that Nokia were behind Windows Phone as they've always seemed to me to be a good company with solid phones, but their customer service seems to have taken a VERY bad turn if they are just burying problems like this. *sigh* - I'll try posting it again.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
anders_norgaard

Lumia 800 - Opel Zafira Tourer (CD900)

I have the same problem. (I do not have the SAP option in my car.).

I can connect the phone to the car and recieve calls w/o problems.

I can also make calls (via the phone) and talk via tha car.

But I can not make calls via the cars interface.

(That means that the navigation with telephone numbers are useless and that I can not use voice dial mode from the car.)

+ it is very annoying, I do not intend to install my phone on the dashboard, but now I have to dial from the phone!

I am looking forward to a soon fix on this issue from either General Motors or Nokia.

P.S. I all works perfectly with my wifes iphone - but I would rather not have to buy one of those...

Please use plain text.
zazaraziel

Lumia 710 - Astra J DVD 800

My lumia doesn't work at all...the car can see the phone but I can't call or receive, I can't read contacts o see signal strength...

Anybody can help me?

Please use plain text.
_Marshy_

Lumia 800 / Saab 93 Bluetooth Handsfree

Same probs connecting to a Saab 93 handsfree kit.... I think its the same system as in Vauxhall's (UHP)

It will make an initial connection but within 10 seconds just disconnects

If your on the phone when you start the car the call starts using the handsfree kit but then disconnects

The most frustrating thing is that it has, on occasion, worked in the past... everything... address book, voice activation, using the car to make and answer calls but once you turn the ignition off you have to start the throw a six to start trial and error pairing process again.  And I've not managed it since last October...

It does however connect to the 10 year old Nokia CK-7W kit in my lorry with no issues

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Hr_Frodo

Re: Lumia 800 / Saab 93 Bluetooth Handsfree

Hello,

have the same problem with Lumina 800 and DVD 800 from Opel... N9 works nice...

So what i expected it is a Windows on the Phone... so WIndows what should i say more :-)

Florian

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
STurunen

Re: Lumia 800 / Saab 93 Bluetooth Handsfree

Same problem here with Astra cd400 and lumia 800.. is anyone doing anything with this issue????
Please use plain text.
Ailuj27

I've had the same problem with my 2011 Astra Vauxhall integrated hands free phone system and lumia 800 purchased early June 2012.  Bluetooth dropping out, when connection held, contacts viewable but not able to make outgoing calls - hands free and nice smartphone totally pointless.  Extremely dismayed as a non techie in the mobile phone world.  Disappointment an understatement, so much so I managed to return my 800 (sad day) and abandoned the windows smartphone market, gone back to my nokia 2330 - a phone from the cave man times! 

I've liaised with Vauxhall customer care, they said the phone markets move too quickly, so no joy on that front.  Also been liaising with nokia customer care, explained the problems and they at least acknowledged my comments would be passed to the nokia R&D department.  Contacted Microsoft, nothing back yet.  It seems a stale mate situatino and a long standing one - what ... over 6 months now/since lumia launch?

I've successfully connected an android v4 phone no problem, full functionality with the car and I understand other phones are okay, including I read somewhere a windows Omnia 7, also a certain fruity phone (think of bramley).

My question is, after much soul searching on discussion forums, why is it not possible for any lumia windows phone to have multiple bluetooth options?  I've learned there's over 30 bluetooth profiles - I thought it was an industry standard, assumed there was only one, silly me.  With hands free being promoted for using phones in cars safely and legally, surely somebody in the R&D department at nokia/microsoft would have looked at the bluetooth profiles of the major car manufacturers and ensured the compatible profiles are supported with the windows phone?  Is there any light at the end of this tunnel with future software upgrades I wonder?

Please use plain text.