Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 800 SMS stopped working

Marvinius

Lumia 800 SMS stopped working

[ Edited ]
Suddenly I cant send or recieve text messages anymore. Tried my sim-card in a different phone and it worked.

The sms center number/gateway is correct (+47 90002100, Telenor in Norway) I have restarted the phone 20 + times, also factory reset it 4 times, all at no use...

Also talked to my operator to rule out problems there (3 times). Get no reply from SMS delicery confirmation either, as well as sending sms to about 15 phone numbers, also sending from other phones to my phone. But none of the sms messages came through.

It didnt happen after a software update, it actually happened I think after a battery depletion where the phone wouldn't get a charge at all for hours, before trying a different charger....

I can make calls fine, as well as surf on both WiFi and 3G/edge..

Anyone have an idea what the problem might be? I'm about to give up, have spent so many hours on this..

Thank you for any suggestions :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sanco

i have the same problem?

Please use plain text.
Professor
caitlin1759

I've not had any problem with texts but picture message sending has been erratic. My E72 however when it  was about 18 months old stopped sending and receiving texts. It was sent back to T-Mobile who fixed it in a few days. Sometimes stuff just happens.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Kimmo78

Hello, Also same problem here! I have a double sim the other phone, old basic Nokia works well. But lumia800 not!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Jmez

i had the same problem, its because your service provider needs to update the settings . i rang orange up told them that my nokia lumia 800 could receive messages but not send them. they then asked me to type in the sms centre number in but the phone wouldn't save it, so they then sent me a text. telling me to delete this text and turn off the phone, i turned the phone off for a minute or two, turned it back on and then after that it was back to normal. took about 5 minutes.
Please use plain text.