Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 800 - Screen Capture

johnlumia
Accepted Solution

Lumia 800 - Screen Capture

I like the Nokia Lumia 800 its small and easy to hold, looks good as well. There are some features missing that a smart phone really does need in order to function as a useful tool like screen capture or screen shots.

Does anyone know if this going to be a thing of the future for the Lumia 800 or am I just going to have to live without this feature?
Please use plain text.
all_that_jazz

Re: Lumia 800 - Screen Capture

I am wondering about the same thing. I thought oh no did i switch to  a wrong mobile. My first phone was nokia a 5110 it was sturdy then comes a time where I dont like the nokia phones anymore and switch to samsung then iphone comes along. Now i'm back to Nokia and trying out this thing. It will never be like iphone as it is different but certain features should be universal.  Sometimes it's nice to share screenshots especially because i especially luuuv  what i see in the screen of lumia 800. come on nokia / microsoft let's show off a little eh

Please use plain text.
Professor
caitlin1759

I understand it can be done as people have posted screenshots but only by using some app/ tinkering which is either available to developers and you can get from Microsoft but it's quite expensive. There were free keys available from somewhere that escapes me now but no longer. I had a look a few months ago but it seemed far more techie than the average user could cope with. So as far as I know for most people, no you cannot make a screenshot.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

If you choose to pay $99 to Microsoft Phone Dev Center or free for enrolled students, you too could take screenshots; anyone whom availed themselves of Chevron WP7 will find device has now been locked again.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
johnlumia

Its a shame there isn't a way to see a list of items that Microsoft and Nokia intend to add to the phones, even better if us users could vote for the features that are added next.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
MAGASE79

[ Edited ]

hi bro, the only method at the moment to take screen shots on a lumia, and not much more things to do, its becoming a developer, i mean, you must have a dvelopeper account at microsoft. you wanna try this http://forum.mobilism.org/viewtopic.php?f=1137&t=317425 , besides, here are some secret codes to enjoy. lumia test mode ##634# and data menu ##3282#. hope this helps you. !   OF COURSE: EVERYTHING, use it at your own risk, with responsability. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
evakanae

Hard to start w windows phone :smileysad: maybe i back to ios or Android ..
Why i can't get enuff for screen capture download :smileysad: WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Need some help .. Imma silly girl
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

You have been given a choice,pay for an app or live without it.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
johnlumia

Not really an option though Jimmy, for most people they have to take out a contract to get the phone. What most companies do is pride on the positives of the phones and not the little things that a phone should do like taking a screen shot. I guess give it a year or so they will figure out a way to include the basic functionality of a smart phone.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sk55

I have the same issue. While lessor phones carry this feature, it is an awful experience for loyal nokiaists like me that Nokia doesn't carry the following.

1. Screen capture.
2. Draft feature in messages
3. Customising contact information.

Wish someone connected with R & D at Nokia would look into these.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

johnlumia wrote:

Not really an option though Jimmy, for most people they have to take out a contract to get the phone. What most companies do is pride on the positives of the phones and not the little things that a phone should do like taking a screen shot. I guess give it a year or so they will figure out a way to include the basic functionality of a smart phone.

Some research would of  given you this answer.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
maninred

yep. the basic stuffs gotta be fixed in the next update or a Patch fix - to be done ASAP.

we are all proud to be LUMIA. but we still boast of it until we have basic features for 7.8 versions

1) Music with good Equaliser

2) Playlist thing is horrible - while playing a song i create a playlist with that song. but it ASSUMES and puts every song in d phone into that playlist.  i am shocked

3) Install apps thru Zune from the PC and sync into Lumia phone (like iPhone)

4) Vibration is toooo low. even the sound. or we need to find a ringtone which is loud and then try using it

5) Kill process or application that is running in background

6) Screen Capture facility.

7) FM radio

Please NOKIA developers - do something about it very quickly

Please use plain text.
anand_pardeshi

Agreed to comments of maninred
Please use plain text.
anand_pardeshi

I do think that the future of Lumia completely rest in the hands of Nokia. Microsoft is either not willing to do it or they just can't. Especially regarding the basic apps.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
screenshots

the basic stuffs gotta be fixed in the next update or a Patch fix - to be done ASAP.

we are all proud to be LUMIA. but we still boast of it until we have basic features for 7.8 versions

2) Playlist thing is horrible - while playing a song i create a playlist with that song. but it ASSUMES and puts every song in d phone into that playlist. i am shocked

4) Vibration is toooo low. even the sound. or we need to find a ringtone which is loud and then try using it

7) FM radio

Please NOKIA developers - do something about it very quickly
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
heulaup

[ Edited ]

Stop asking for new features to be added to WP7.8. Microsoft has discontinued development of this outdated version and it's not going to happen. It has also nothing to do with Nokia developers.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

[ Edited ]

Would be interested to hear where you got the information WP7.x is no longer in development. I can't find any references to that and in fact there are (strong) indications there will be another (final) update before the end of support in 12 months.

Now to the list above..

As there is no way to insert a software EQ in the WP7.x hardware chain that will be unlikely if not impossible

2) Playlist thing is horrible - while playing a song i create a playlist with that song. but it ASSUMES and puts every song in d phone into that playlist. i am shocked

Not really sure about this one tbh.

afaik if you are connected to Zune and you select an app from the store this is what happens instead of using cellular/WiFi but I could be wrong.

Never had an issue with vibration on my L800.

Apps do not run in the background, they are suspended when another app runs. Background tasks can be managed in settings. App needs to allow for this though..

As this is actually in the OS but not available unless you developer unlock it I woudl agree it would be nice if MSFT releases this feature to users.

7) FM radio

Are you saying there is no FM radio in WP7.8? There was in 7.5..

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
vampire2911

You can't exactlly screen shot but if your on like google images, Facebook ECT you hold your finger down on the picture and the optain save picture will cone on click it then go onto your pictures clkick on albums and it will be there xoxo
Please use plain text.