Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 800 - Strange UI Behavior after Touch!!!

Bearyung

Re: Lumia 800 - Strange UI Behavior after Touch!!!

[ Edited ]

I've uploaded an image to show how worst this situation become when it comes to drawing lines slowly using Lumia 800:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7166/6547960987_15331a4e46_o.jpg

As you can see, the vertical line do not have any problem at all, but the horizontal line will just become a zig-zag line with vertical vibration.

Is it a software bug that can be fixed by future firmware or is it the hardware bug that i need to call support and replace my phone?

Does anyone has any workaround or also facing the same problem?

Lumia 800 really a nice looking phone with great handling and a fresh OS but those bugs really make us "amazing" everyday.. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Spotless

I have not found any work-around on that matter :smileysad:.
I believe all the Lumias 800 have this problem - I tried it in many different stores - they all behave the same way..

My Lumia screen is shaking especially when charging it from the socket.. Geesus Christ that's annoying..
Please use plain text.
mario_m

I got the same behaviour while my phone was charging, once I disconnected the charger the shaking was gone.

Please use plain text.
Unkas

[ Edited ]

I had to return my phone because of this and because of battery problems too (i had black one), this is very very annoying. I had the same problem as the guy who uploaded the video.

I love this phone, is very pretty and WP7 is very fast and 100% effective.

I want a answer from nokia about this problem coz while the phones have this problem, i'll not buy it again.

Btw i hope lumia 900 will don't have this problems :squint:

Please use plain text.
xlandhenry

Try to keep only your finger-tip on the screen after scroll or swipe, don't press your finger hard against the screen. This is because when you press it hard, a large surface of the screen will be covered by your finger, which will make the system unable to recognize which direction you're trying to swipe(actually you're just trying to keep it not swipe,right?)

Sorry for my terrible English, I hope you understand.

Please use plain text.
Unkas

Believe me, it isn't for press so hard, with the las thing i saw that problem was "making zoom" on a photo, prove it, ur picture will be crazy... :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Bearyung

mario_m's observation helps me a lot!

After I've unplug my phone from the charger, the shaking effect gone, so whenever I need to draw a line or add annotations to the image, I need to disconnect my phone first.

Below is the image showing before and after unplugging the phone from the charger:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7021/6569029797_6a79397979_o.jpg

Hope Nokia can fix this bug in next firmware update (together with others like FM radio too loud even at volume 1, pink spot camera problem, battery problem, etc etc)

Please use plain text.
Unkas

Mate, this is not something about the phone charging, did u see the video? that isn't charging, i hada that problem everytime and is very annoying

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mickfarr

Unpluging the phone from the charger stops the shaking for me. Trying to place bombs in iBlast Moki and Implode was a pain in the **bleep**!

They had better be able to fix this with a software update, I'm not sending another phone back so I can get another one with another bug on it. it seems like every Lumia sold has bugs :-/

Please use plain text.
Unkas

the problem is they didn't recognize this issue officially, so the ppl who don't know about this, they don't know if they have it or not... then, pll don't report the problem and nokia don't fix it... For that... i'll keep waitting for a good phone from nokia who don't have this problems...

Please use plain text.
RustyU

I only get this when charging, seems quite a few phones have digitizer issues when plugged in.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
msy96

I have also encountered this similar problem when scrolling, but I thought it may have been due to having too many applications open at once resulting in a slower UI response.

Please use plain text.
Unkas

It doesn't matter how many apps u have open, try something, open a picture and make zoom, then keep ur fingers on the screen and tell me what happend. If  at 1 make anything try it again. U can probe it with web browser too :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
msy96

I just tried keeping my finger on a picture that was zoomed and nothing happened, hmmm.

Please use plain text.
Unkas

[ Edited ]

Hten god for u, because when i did that, my picture shake a lot, same for the browser. And really isn't a problem about surface of the finger on the screen, just is a screen problem.

I still waitting an answer from Nokia about this problem, because like we see it isn't a problem of 1 person.

Btw, sorry for my english

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
JCVD

Up!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
JCVD

[ Edited ]
Nokia,
Should we replace ours phones or not?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
JCVD

HTC was able to fix poorly grounded screen with a firmware update a while ago:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=700612&page=15
Will Nokia manage toto the same?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Spotless

That may probably confirm my initial thoughts that this was to do with grounding.. That is especially noticeable when in charge mode. So fed up with this.

Hope somebody from Nokia is reading this thread.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
xtr3m3

[ Edited ]

I'm also having touch screen problems. Sometimes it's impossible to press buttons on the sides like A, SHIFT, &123, BACKSPACE, ENTER. Same behavior with my capacitive stylus. So I'm sure it's screen issue (can be because of bad grounding). I also have cleaned the screen and restarted the phone.

Also disappearing keyboard (I'm getting very frustrated).

I have the moving tiles behavior also.

I have send an e-mail to Nokia Care over two weeks ago and haven't got reply yet. :smileysad:

Firmware Revision: 1600.2479.7740.11451

ROM Version: 7.0.7740.0

OEM Device Name: RM-801 EU 333

Mobile operator: 000-FR

Device HW Revision: 112.1402.2.4

Please use plain text.