Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 800 - Sync to Local Outlook Calendar does no...

Contributor
jerryaz
Accepted Solution

Lumia 800 - Sync to Local Outlook Calendar does not work

[ Edited ]

I downloaded the Connector and successfully transferred all of my existing local Outlook contacts and calender to my new Lumia 900, but it does not synch.  Only synchs when I use my Hotmail contacts/calender to the phone and vice versa.  Seems to me Microsoft wants us to buy Exchange ($4.99 per month) in order to synch from local Outlook, but now I am hesitant to do this because it may duplicate all contacts and calendars.  Interestingly, my former Android phone always synched via Google, and so did iCloud with the iPhone.  This is a Microsoft issue, not Nokia's.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Re: Lumia 800 - Sync to Local Outlook Calendar does not work

[ Edited ]

Hi jerryaz,

Thanks for your feedback on this. When you use the Hotmail connector it will only sync contacts and calendars which are in the list for your LiveID in Outlook. So if you make changes to a calendar which is not in the list like the one you used before you installed the connector it will indeed not sync to your LiveID (and the Lumia). So you must copy your 'main' calendar to the LiveID list and use that version from then on out.

Also, you can sync contacts and calendar with Google using a Google account from Settings>email+accounts>add account. After setting this up you can further customize the sync settings with Google sync through the web interface on the phone using m.google.com

Hope this helps,

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jerryaz

[ Edited ]

I stand corrected, followed your info and now my Outlook synchs with my phone just fine.  Thank you Kosh!

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Please use plain text.