Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 800 Telekom: SIM-PIN ist _not_ requested...

Contributor
saardunu

Lumia 800 Telekom: SIM-PIN ist _not_ requested when turning on the device

Hi,

I have a serious problem with my Lumia 800, Telekom/T-Mobile Germany Branding. When I turn the device on, there is no prompt to enter my SIM-PIN. The consequence: I am not able to connect to my mobile phone provider unless I pretend to do a real call, then the phone requests my pin. However I want to be available for calls right from the start!

Has anyone experienced this problem, too? Any workarounds?

Thanks,

saardunu

Please use plain text.
Professor
JudaZ

Re: Lumia 800 Telekom: SIM-PIN ist _not_ requested when turning on the device

[ Edited ]

Are you using a new micro SIM card, or a standard size SIM card that has been cut down to a micro SIM size by the operator/carrier?

I just tried activating SIM PIN request on a Lumia 800, using a brand new micro SIM and this worked as is should when the phone was started.

so if your SIM card used to be a standard size SIM, I would suggest you contact the operator/carrier and ask them to send you a new micro SIM. This could be the cause of the problem

Please use plain text.
Contributor
saardunu

No, that should not be the reason. I've got a brand new simyo (E-Plus) micro-sim card.

Meanwhile I have found out that there are other people having the same problem, however only with e-plus simcards. There seem to be employees at mobile phone shops that claim this is a known problem and nokia is already working on a solution.

Nokia Team: Can you confirm this?

saardunu

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Aitch

Any news on this?

I have exactly the same problem. Also with simyo micro-sim-card. On every other tested phone the card works properly.

Can we expect any support by Nokia? Are you working on this problem?

Best regards...
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Pfrancoise

Hi Salsalex,

Welcome to the Forum.

You will find all about this error code here.

Pfrancoise.

If this post has helped you to solve this issue, please press the "accept as solution" icon. Kudos would always be appreciated.
Please use plain text.