Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 800 Turning itself off!

dan0401

Re: Lumia 800 Turning itself off!

Has anyone managed to get this problem fixed?

I'm still getting this, but it's only happening occasionally when I make a call initially.

The call seems to begin but I cant hear anything and then I click end call and it doesnt respond - the call duration just keeps increasing, then after about 10 seconds it turns itself off and then reboots.

Making a call after this seems to work, so I think it could be a problem  when trying to make a call immediately after unlocking the phone... I'll do more investigation...

Has anyone else seen this?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Zagarosh

I have the same problem and I have the new firmware. My phone turn itself off and always crash. Please, fix this unbelievible problem. 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mayafab

Re: Lumia 800 Turning itself off! - @hubrad, good to know that the dreaded iThing's not perfect!

yepp

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Yes, happened a couple of times to me too, the last today when making a call. Have the last update. Why doesn't Nokia comment on this?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
adhie2

Hi!

I bought my Lumia 800 just a week ago. It keeps restarting randomly, 3-4 times a day. It's very annoying. :smileyfrustrated: I noticed that the Facebook app is causing the most of the restarts, but I could cause it when in the email app (with only one account, or more), or just changing pages in the settings app. Crashes happen when connected to wifi and 3G, so I gess it doesn't make any difference. The phone is registered as a developer phone. Please, feel free contacting my via e-mail, let me know how I could help more finding out the error.

Country/City: Budapest, Hungary

Network: T-Moblie

Adam Pinter

Please use plain text.
boris42

My Nokia picked up the dreaded "Battery Question mark" bug a week ago, so I updated to the latest firmware and the latest version of WP7, but no luck. Then, about three days ago, my phone has started turning itself off. I go to use the phone and find it off several times a day, whether the battery is full or half full.

Come on Nokia - PLEASE can you fix these glaring bugs?!?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ChickenFeed

Re: Lumia 800 Turning itself off and no one can hear me!

How deeply disappointed! I have my first Lumia 800 for 4 weeks and its started with the 'no one can hear me' on all calls. Not good when I am currently looking for work.

My new phone arrived today, charged and guess what, not only does it keep turning itself off, it too wont let me speak to anyone.

I am trying one last time and then its goodbye Nokia.  so so so disappointed as I like the look of the phone and trusted Nokia prior to this model.

Unhappy Customer

Please use plain text.
BiasDnB

[ Edited ]

Ok

My wife’s Lumia 800 is UK/02 phone. Started turning itself off repeatedly on Saturday (it's now Tuesday).  It’s stuck in an infinite restart loop even though the battery has now managed to charge itself to full power. There's no option of disabling any features since the phone resets itself to the settings that were present when the problem first arose. When the restarts you have enough time to navigate to one menu option and change it before the phone freezes and restarts. Whatever you change/turn off will have then turned itself back on when the phone restarts.

Question 1: Is there any sort of fix in place or in the works, or do we essentially have a dead pointless expensive phone on our hands?

Question 2: How long before this starts to happen with my own Lumia 800?

Question 3: What provisions are you providing for a non-charged/free repair service (or at least a waive of the initial fee for looking at the phone), considering that this seems to be an incredibly wide ranging fault that's affecting a large number of Nokia customers?

Question 4: If no fix is possible, will Nokia subsidise any or all of the cost of a new handset, considering that the only reason for replacement is that the phone isn't fit for its intended purpose well before one year has passed from the initial purchase date?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
MitchOB96

I'm in Co. Waterford, Ireland and my service provider in Vodafone. My Nokia Lumia 800 is turning itself off and driving me crazy. I need a solution & I need it now please.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ulee

have my lumia 820 last 3 weeks a go. And it will restart by itself since last week. Tot it was just normal or i press something that make it to restart. But up to now the phone had restarted by itself for mpre than 5 times.... Nokia please help.... Could you please fix it... I put my trust in u...

Please use plain text.
Apandu21

Greetings members of "NA"  ("Nokia Anonymous")  sufferers! 

And yes  of course, " Non-Responsive Nokia"  Corp, YOU TOO!

We musician/scientist/academics types etc = not too crazy about having super sleek, hi-tech phones per say ! Who cares, give me one that works well !

But this day & age seems like one MUST have all the latest phone gear to function in their/the social world right? lol !

Long story short :

I was given a "free upgrade" by Verizon our my provider. So hey, why not. They gave us 3 choices, Droid, some other LG **bleep** craper & the Lumia 822. So basically a $400 value, for 30 bucks nominal shelf fee etc...

What happened? The 2nd day I brought it home...DITO DITO DITO to what all of you have said on this thread Re: The main title....shutting off?!?!?

So- I mean wth is that? And Verizon store pretends to know NOTHING about it!

The phone looks stylish, and gets points there. It has some hi-performance apps & overall most of those seem to work well for me. The two MAIN problems, are HUGE ones tho:

1) SHUTS OFF. I.E- you can charge it to full, put it on your night stand ( not even using it, so its STILL ON FULL BATTERY WHEN YOU SLEEP) and when you wake, it will not turn on. And THIS IS NOT because the battery is dead or even close to dead! If you pop open the EXTREMELY annoying snap case, & take battery out & put back in...( sometimes u must do it more then 3 times) it will start back up again. And batter says " full"

2) Another anoyying this is IT HAS ZERO support for apps. Whats App does not appear in the list to " share a link" along with SMS. Everything is set up so awkwardly, and

3) In most areas, it picks up Data via Wi-fi well....but if you have what used to be a mild dead zone for a **bleep** flip phone, or blackberry....FORGET IT, you Lumia AIN"T DOING ANYTHING FOR YOU. No SMS, no calls, NOTHING! RECEPTION THE WORST !

WORST PHONE EVER.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
n01205

My Nokia Lumia 710 just rebooted by itself for the very first time tonight. I was just casually trying to sleep when it started vibrating, as it always does when turning on. First I thought that maybe I had accidentally turned it off and on myself while sleeping but I hadn't even fallen asleep yet so that's impossible.
The battery charge was 87% so it was probably not about having low power.
If this happens even once again I'm going to take it back to the store immediately because this isn't what I signed up for. I, as probably most of people, need my phone to be stable and reliable.
Please use plain text.
saurav21

Dear all, i m a lumia 800 user and i would like the whole wrld to knw abt my exprnce wid it. I had the first problem with the headset point which kept on recognizing as if headphone was plugged it.Got it replaced as it got covered with in the warranty, and ya they took 1 mnth to do it although was quoted only 10-12 days.

Second time, i accidently dropped my set from a normal almost 1 metre hieght while taking a pic and the so called and world over advertised Gorilla glass broked down.And guess what it didnt get covered within warranty and i paid Rs.10000 to get it repaired.Time taken was same and also some IME number problem was detected by the company when my mob was replaced during 1st tym.

Its almost a year now m dealing wid dese thngs..n again few days back while i got up aftr a nice sleep,i found my mob switched off by itself.I tried to on it in all possible ways as i went through nokia discussions and saw many other users having same problem n i guess m bound to go to the care center one more tym.Even guys dere knw me now.I mean seriously man is dis wat nokia is making..fooling people.I m jus fed up wid it now coz dis is nt wat i bought it for.I love using windows but nokia has disaapointed me too much coz m a full time nokia user bt m thinking of switching to some other company now..

P.S : Nokia, Please do not delete this post if u ve guts to accept wat u ve made n how much u ve fooled people..and also do not reply my post coz it wont solve any of my problem coz i knw i ve to deal it by my own.  >.<

Please use plain text.
Kimbags

I read the very first message in this thread until the very last, and it started early months of 2012. I suppose this started when they released L800, and until now, with the worth of "more than a year of complaints" about the SAME problem, nothing is resolved. A lot of theories were discussed here, like temperature, batteries, software and what have you, people from nokia replied and described what the problem was, but NEVER how it will be solved. Nokia provides software updates rarely compare to other phones, so it means, they had so much time to work it out, identify, test and solve the problem..but to no avail. I am a freaking recruiter in an executive search firm, my business operation is mostly done over the phone and imagine how freakingly annoying when you talk to high profiled people with so limited time then phone shuts off and wait 15-30mins to get back on. Ive known myself as a very patient person, this didnt happen just once, not even twice nor thrice, it happened a lot of times, and surely will happen again. I have come into a resolution to switch phones, which I will be doing after office hours. Maybe what prompted me to write this is to let everyone know that, it is preposterous to air your complaints out since its not or, I'd say, never gonna be addressed.

I feel so much relief now even with just a thought of switching to other phones. I have been a user of Nokia since its dinosaur age, because of this I will never come back to using Nokia ever again. I suggest everyone to do the same. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
cammysl9

Been reading the posts above and I am extremely bemused by why Nokia have not resolved this problem. I had my previous Lumia 800 for just over a year with no problems. The only issue I had came when I purchased a new Laptop and could not connect my phone to the Zune software, so could not update anything.Contacted my provider(Orange UK) who immediately sent me a replacement handset with no quibbles at all. My new handset connected to my Laptop no problem but now when I receive or make a call it goes dead, screen goes blank and will not show anything.When I receive a call I can see who it is, slide to answer then I can either hear the call but the phone only resets when the caller disconnects. When I try to make a call the screen goes blank and I cannot end the call. I do not use the phone for business but I drive snowploughs so am extremly anxious about getting stuck in a drift and unable to contact anyone. 

Anyone have any ideas when this issue will be or can be resolved.

Phone is Nokia Lumia 800

Sortware OS version 7.10.8862.144

Firmware 1750.0823.8858.12460

Hardware 112.1402.2.3

Please use plain text.