Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 800 Update Issues (Product Code: 059M539)

Advisor
andm
Accepted Solution

Lumia 800 Update Issues (Product Code: 059M539)

Currently still unable to update device product code: 059M539. I'm not alone a number of other users with same product code reporting this issue with same product code:

Lumia 800 Update Thread

(Bottom of page 14 and 15)

It's a non-carrier varient (Sim free) so no operator to approve update.

Nokias own website lists the update as available for this product code in the UK:

Nokia Lumia Update Page

But still unable to download for a long while now - This update has been out ages. No luck with e-mail support - They keep saying it depends on country/product code (Which I checked on the website!) and send stock replies which is frustrating. Please can we get a proper response on this or someone to check it out/diagnose the problem.

I'm stuck on 1600.2475.7720.11414 and Nokias website says 1600.2487.8107.12070 should be available for my device. I've tried updating via Zune on PC and Windows Phone 7 connector on Mac but it always says its up-to-date despite the fact it clearly isn't.

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
n252

Re: Lumia 800 Update Issues (Product Code: 059M539)

Good idea to make a new post. I also have the same problem, product code 059M539, sim-free. Zune shows no update available, have tried hard reset, but still on version 1600.2475.7720.11414 . Very frustrated!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Flakmonkey

I agree, this is really annoying, I have the same product code 0M539 (cyan, UK, not tied to a carrier) and have never received any of the Nokia firmware updates via Zune. I have now had to resort to updating via other methods to get the 12072 update ( that's the 12070 update but with the volume glitch fixed), this really does need some attention from Nokia.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
anseio

I, too, have resorted to other update methods. I have the Cyan unbranded 059M539.

I'm willing to wait out the Tango update to see if/when it arrives to my phone. If I don't get it in a timely manner, I'll resort to other options, as they're easy to execute.

Nokia... get a handle on your product support!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
HBucks

Hi , I also have this problem with my Nokia Lumia 800 Cyan product code: 059M539 bought from phones4u,

Current Firmware number: 1600.2479.7740.11451

The Nokia website says the update for this product code is available yet we are 2 updates behind now !! , Could someone at Nokia please look into this and find out what the problem is ?? , Maybe consider having an alternative to Zune to update our phones or something ?

Am loving my Lumia 800 and dont have any problems with it except this update issue, if it could be resolved would make a lot of people with this particular product code a lot happier as i have seen a number of people on the web having this issue !

Thanks

Bucks

Please use plain text.
jamesvalls

Did any of you manage to get the updates? I'm still unable to get them... Is there any other way to update my phone?

tHanks,

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Hi all,

Thanks for your feedback on this. I have forwarded this and will get back to you as soon as I can.

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
andm

Thank you Kosh and thanks to everyone else for replying also.

Fingers crossed we can get this fixed soon.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
andm

Hi Kosh any updates on this? It's been another week! Still getting nothing when checking for updates for my Lumia.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
n252

Any news on this problem yet? My phone is freezing a lot, so would really like to update to see if this fixes. Thanks
Please use plain text.
Advisor
RunSub

Thanks for making this thread, adding myself to it and I've also got an un-updateble UK cyan 059M539.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
HBucks

Hi Guys , After waiting ages for a solution and not getting anywhere i found i was going near a proper Nokia Care store so took it in there and they said there was a problem with the software or something and they would need to re-install it, they said it would take a couple of hours to do so left the phone with them and they sent it back to me for free - Great service finally ! ,

Looks like the issue might be with the Carrier ? as mine has changed to: CV GB SW ID342 v05

So now i have the 12070 update and works great for me battery life improved etc so  i would suggest trying to get your phones to a proper Nokia Care so they can sort it out and will let you know if i have any future problems with updating !

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Hi all,

Thanks for your patience in waiting for the update. I would like to ask those of you who have not yet received the update to do the following:

• Use the  diagnostic tool which is accessible by dialing ##634# and after accepting the T&C select MORE (...) at the bottom of the screen and about
  • Provide the 'OEM Device Name', 'Mobile Operator' and your devices product code in a PM.

I will forward this information to get this resolved as soon as possible.

Thanks again for your patience and co-operation,

Kosh 

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
nerdSMZ

Hi Kosh.

My Lumia800(Cyan,SIM Free,Product Code 059M539) has this problem, unable to update.
Current version is 1600.2479.7740.11451.

I send you PM ,Please see it.

Sorry for my poor English.
Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
RunSub

Any update information available yet Kosh?
Please use plain text.
nerdSMZ

Hi All.

I sent Kosh PM a week ago, but there is no reply.
My Lumia800 is still unable to update.

What should I do?

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Hi all,

Thanks for your patience. I hope to have an answer for you shortly.

Kosh

Please use plain text.
itsLauri

That's be great. When I took my phone to a care point they said they'd need to send it to Nokia and it'd take 2 weeks for me to get it back. Really hope there's a better way to resolve this.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Hi all,

Thanks for your feedback and patience. In order for Lumia 800s with product code 059M539 to be updated to the current firmware revision we would like to ask you to visit a Nokia Care Point to have your device updated.

Please make sure you have your contacts and calendars synced with the services you use (Hotmail/Google/Exchange) and you have all your media files synchronized with your PC (through Zune) or Mac (through the connector). In case of a required hard reset these files and personal data will be deleted from the Lumia. After the update you can use the app Reinstaller to download all your free and paid for apps back to your Lumia.

Again, thanks for your patience.

Kosh

Please use plain text.
nerdSMZ

Hi Kosh.

Thanks for your reply.

I'm in Japan. There are no Nokia Care Point, so I can't visit .

What should I do?

Should I give up update My Lumia?

Please use plain text.