Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 800 WP 7.8 - Audio Volume too Low !!!

daftpete

Same here. Since the update the volume is low as sh*t. Can't hear the music during work. Please NOKIA, remove the volume limit! It's so annoying. If i want to protect my ears then i turn down the volume.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
LTamas

I have the same problem after updating to WP7.8, the volume level is terribly low. I love my Lumia 800 and I was really looking forward to get this update but now I am very disappointed. Please, provide a fix for this problem as soon as possible, it is very frustrating.

Please use plain text.
russgreenwood

i updated a few days ago and i have the same problem and i can not hear my phone ring when i am out and miss some phone call because of this. please fix nokia

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
coolhye18

I do agree with you as the volume has decreased too much n there should be something for it to be fixed.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
timukh

lumia 800 volume issues

Same here!! I updated my lumia 800 from nokia care here in kolkata and the sound quality is very frustrating!!! I can barely hear it while commuting! Till now i could hear the songs clearly at 21-22, but now even 30 isn't enough. Nokia please release a fix to this problem.!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
blackdaemon

Guys, everybody who has the problem, please try following:

- Restart your Lumia

- Pick the song that you know plays on too low volume in 7.8 (and that played on acceptable volume in 7.5)

- Play

- Now lower your volume all the way to 0

- Then back up

I feel like this might solved the issue for me, maybe I am mistaken because my ears are rested after I wasn't listening for some days.

Please use plain text.
DFLC56

I think that is time for Nokia to make the Audio App (EQ for Windows Phone 8) only avaliable for Windows Phone 8 users in the Lumia Family to everyone in the Lumia Family with Windows Phone 7.5 and Windows Phone 7.8 for a better improvement of the software and also other improvements than just the Bluetooth Sharing App or the Ringtone Maker App

Also if it's possible to make a decent YouTube App like the one of HTC that is really great and easy to use

I'm really grateful with Nokia because they are the only OEM's very dedicated with their users to bring us the better experiences, but I think this two App's the Audio App and the YouTube App (Not the one of Microsoft, it's a shame) could be very handy for many of us

I hope someone at the Developer team read this, and also someone spread the word so they would listen in one way or another

Thanks

Please use plain text.
daftpete

Downgraded my phone and installed 7.8 with Seven-eighter. After this, i can't use BT filetransfer and set Google as default search engine until i don't install the "NOKIA Update for Windows Phone". If you don't install this, the volume is going to be loud!

Now i'm on 1750.0805.8773.12220 with the new start screen and colors.

Please use plain text.
anand_pardeshi

Yes the audio volume has been compromised after the 7.8 update. It has been reduced significantly. Nokia has to resolve it.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Brusch77

Hi guys I'm in the same boat here, lumia 710 tmobile branded.
After the latest firmware and software update I've got the following issues:

- the volume now is set on 19\30 as maximum
- I can't get into wallpaper menu, that means that isn't possible to change the wallpaper

What the fxxxx I can do then to restore the old Os?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ashu_sharma

seriously again I've to post this

"AFTER UPDATE TO 7.8, MY NOKIA LUMIA 800 PHONE - ONCE  A FLAGSHIP IS HAVIN GVERY LOW AUDIO OUTPUT" 

Atleast acknowledge the issue and issue a fix, if you dont want to give any future update NOKIA !!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
jdanvers

I updated my phone to 7.8 yesterday and I'm having the same volume issues as others have stated. Songs that I used to listen to comfortably at 20 are not too low.
Please use plain text.
lposs

Hi! Updated my phone up to 7.8 yesterday and was faced with the same problem - audio level is too low. Listening to music has become uncomfortable. Pls fix it!

Please use plain text.
Prestwickuk

I'm a Lumia 800 owner in the UK. Bought mine sim free. I have the same issue and I believe it definitely is a bug caused by the 7.8 update.

I'm sorry @Paulheu but the idea that the volume is being deliberately restricted by law (EU or otherwise) is simply not true. 

For one, the regulation covering sound limited on portable players is strictly optional. In this case the directive calls for:

• A limit of 85db on portable music devices/phones.
  • Users MUST be allowed to breach this limit if they wish.
  • Device MUST display a warning to the user if they do breach the 85db limit.

Now, there is no way that the Lumia 800 is outputting music anywhere near 85db, it isn't letting me breach any kind of imposed limit (by design or by cause of a bug) and it certainly hasn't warned me at all about any possible damage to my hearing or any limit.

This is definitely a bug and it borders on the farcical to try and blame it on EU legislation.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
plantguy

I also have the same vol issue since i updated...please bump back the volume nokia....how hard can it be...and let the users decide at what volume they want to listen to their music on their phones
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
hubrad

Interesting to read this - I thought I was imagining this volume drop!

Lumia 800 - Vodafone - UK, updated to 7.8 as it became available on the Marketplace, so all fully official.

I mostly use the Music player in the car via Line-In to a Panasonic stereo.. previously, even on the motorway (i.e. plenty of car noise!) I had the Lumia at 30/30 and the Panasonic at about 22/30. Now, even for normal driving, both devices are at full volume. Motorway driving? Waay too quiet on the music side!

Not a happy bunny!

Please use plain text.
stavroj

Totally agree with the last poster. I use my Lumia 800 for feeding line level signal to my home HIFI. Although the Lumia does not actually have a 'line-out' setting as such, it could be simulated nearabouts previously by putting the output volume on 27/30. This was essential for any low recorded music too. Now, 30/30 is nowhere near high enough resulting in me having to crank up my amp quite far! The result is not proper by any stretch of an audiophiles imagination. The sound is consequently very muddy & dull. Not to mention the fact that I am now running the amp hotter than I would like.

Also, is it just me but the update seems to have added some kind of dynamic compression to the audio output too? There is not just a reduced overall volume but there are no longer any dynamics in music. It is like everything is being levelled out.

Either how, am infuriated with this. I bought the Lumia practically for music (without researching) because historically Nokia used to be the best in this arena.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
pjfagulha

After the upgrade to wp 7.8:

When I connect my nokia lumia 800 (power on) the volume of ringtones is always 13. Why?
I wish he had the value that I place and not the 13 by default.
I want 30.

i can not hear my phone ring when i am out and miss some phone call because of this.

I live in Portugal.

Please use plain text.
nomore

i have the same problem - can not use zune player anymore - because i cant hear the music - volume is tooooooo low!

how long to wait for a new firmware months, years or is non available anymore???

but one thing i can tell you for sure - it was my last nokia.

cheers

Please use plain text.
Advisor
jdanvers

There's an update to the Nokia Music app, I THINK its fixed the volume issue there but I'm not sure. The BBC radio app is still ridiculously low though!

Can anyone else confirm the music app fix?
Please use plain text.