Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 800 WP 7.8 - Audio Volume too Low !!!

otku

Yes, same here. I did download 7.8 with Zune in Sweden and now the phone is useless for Music listening outdoors in the city, even the highest volume level is just too low.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
pjfagulha

When will the nokia fix the bug?
is urgent
the bad publicity does not help any company

Please use plain text.
Jeffin

used my Lumia 800 without headphones after the 7.8 update (Official through Zune) and sound was fine until today when I plugged in my headphones and found the sound to be too low. Ya I can feel the depth of sound has gone up but still its too low. I can assure this as my brother has Lumia 800 too and its running in 7.5. And his phone is very loud. Nokia Please fix this as soon as possible. I love listening to music. Hate to carry my iPod all the time
Please use plain text.
KRVDNAA

Hey NOKIA! Update immediately the issue on low volume on Nokia Lumia 800 7.8... Low volume while playing movies!!!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

There is no Nokia Support staff here.. Maybe read the Nokia Support Discussions guidelines first and then contact Nokia Care..

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
toiinou109

First of all, sorry for my bad english, I'm french :smileyhappy:

Same for me, I updated with nokia care suite, and the volume is now very low, mostly when I'm using a headphone.

Also, when I'm using the "TV d'Orange" app, the volume is so low that I can't hear anything.

All these facts happened since the 7.8 update :smileysad:

Need new update, I can't go to work with such a low volume lol :smileyhappy:

My phone is unbranded from Orange (059L6Z8 --> 059M405), but still the same problem with non-unbranded phone...

Please use plain text.
Jeffin

Bad news guys. I checked Lumia 800 7.8 roms (almost 10) and unfortunately found the volume restriction registry settings. For now the Qualcomm bootloader phones can unlock their phones and downgrade but no luck for Dload bootloaders. Damn EU restrictions caused low volume problem all around the world.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
deleepk

Yes 7.8 audio is totalt useless.do some audio work and give update again
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
pjfagulha

the first sound EU restrictions are optional. Then just from 85 db.
After only happens because the lumia?

and finally, these restrictions do not apply to the ringtone and when you do a restart on the phone the volume decreases to less than half.
Please use plain text.
baanoor

Me2 facing same audio problem after updating 7.8
Please use plain text.
baanoor

nokia please refreshed the update otherwise we will not go with any nokia phone in future. Have u ever checked before updating the 7.8. Its really too bad for audio
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Vijay21

plzzzz plzzzzz plzzzzz nokia please solve the audio problem in 7.8 update.and the most important provide a file manager also and also try to provide proper multitasking in old lumia series phone
Please use plain text.
Advisor
jdanvers

In the end I just restored my phone to 7.5 because I was having a problem with the internet sharing function which is quite important to me. Some smaller tiles are not worth the hassle to be honest

Please use plain text.
Contributor
blackdaemon

Hi paulheu,
you mention that "There is no Nokia Support staff here.. Maybe read the Nokia Support Discussions guidelines first and then contact Nokia Care.."

I have read the guidelines. And I was at Nokia Care. Several times actually. Would you please enlighten us how to contact "Nokia support" directly? Because there seems to be no way to contact Nokia support people.All means of "support" contact are twitter, facebook profiles and support forum, which surprisingly, redirect here to this forum. I am not mentioning phone support because that is clearly useless in my country.
Looks like Nokia is very well shielded from any user complaints.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
plantguy

@jdanvers..how did you restore to 7.5...could u guide me...im a newbie and so desperate to have my phone volume back...:smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
pjfagulha

1st - IT'S A SHAME FOR NOKIA NOT ASSUME THAT THIS FORUM IS A SUPPORT FORUM, THE LINKS WHEN THE OFFICIAL PAGE SO SAY.

2 - IT'S A SHAME nokia not to assume this bug sound and not rest your customers even if with an official statement.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Chrisszzyy

I'm having this exact same problem; It's not acceptable!

It has got to the point where my phone is pretty much useless for listening to music at a decent volume.

I hope this is fixed ASAP!

Please use plain text.
SupremeWeaponX

I agree. This is a major issue. If I would have known it was gonna do this I would not have updated to 7.8! I use my Lumia to listen to music in my car and now I can barely hear the music.. please update.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
jdanvers

@plantguy

Connect your phone to Zune and then go to settings-update- let it search for updates and it will tell you your software is up to date. However towards the bottom an option will be there to restore your phone to whatever date you updated your phone. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
rahulxsinha

*SOME GOOD NEWS* >> I can confirm now that the low volume issue is due to Nokia Firmware. Few days back I reverted back to WP 7.5 which also reverted the firmware to xx.12220and fixed the low volume issue.... Now today, I managed to update my Lumia 800 to WP 7.8 without the Nokia Firmware i.e. just the OS Update ONLY... My device firmware is still @ xx.12220...

So, I now have WP 7.8 without the ridiculous Low Volume issue... The only drawback is that the BT share doesn't work.. But I can live with that.. Cheers. !!!
Please use plain text.