Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 800 WP 7.8 - Audio Volume too Low !!!

Contributor
itoldya

Re: Lumia 7100 WP 7.8 - Audio Volume too Low

No News, it's shocking a company like Nokia treat customers this way...Echo earlier comments.

They are surely looking at this on this forum.

External discussion forums also have logged the issue.  It appears not to be all Lumia 800's but it is a large proportion.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
hubrad

I've found a tongue-in-cheek, temporary workaround.. listen to loud music!! I know it sounds daft, but some albums are normalised at a higher level. Retroglide by Level 42 is a fine example, also it's noticeably compressed in the production, so loud loud loud! Also some tracks by Dream Theater just have a much higher level than most everything else in my collection.

Anyone else got suggestions for a 'Company Can't Be Bothered' playlist?:smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
itoldya

They don't care about us, Michael Jackson, 1995
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
pjfagulha

Re: Step by step guide to restore volume in Windows Phone 7.8

it's a shame for nokia not solve this bug
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
pjfagulha

Re: Step by step guide to restore volume in Windows Phone 7.8

no news?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
arsa92

Fixxxxxxxxxxxxx :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
motore66

...no news...microsoft stopped update 7.8 but this news never appear to the official forum...only trough a twitt---er...SHAME
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
L183

I would really want a fix on this...it is nice that Nokia says on their website that you can come to this site for support, but nobody from Nokia responses anything here? Another option is to call to their support, which is as cheap as 1.5eur/minute... :smileyfrustrated:

Please use plain text.
SupremeWeaponX

You and me both. Nokia is there an update coming?? If this happened on an iphone we wouldn't have to wait this long!!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
pjfagulha

Official Nokia support, is anyone there?
Any Solution?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
2grimus6

The 7.8 upgrade has been withdrawn as you can see if you go to the support page for your phone.

It will show that the latest software available is version 7.5

You should be able to recover from Zune if you upgraded that way or visit a Care Centre if thats the way you upgraded.

Problem solved the audio problem has gone.

To answer your next question what happens next, we wait for the 7.9 upgrade (or whatever they call it), waiting is what we do best.

Best of all,  if its now version 7.9 we are only 0.1 away from Windows Phone 8 which they said we would never get. :smileyhappy:

No I am not a Nokia "fanboy" so this message may not be politicaly correct and may be edited or removed so as not to damage Nokia's good name. 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
pjfagulha

With this post can only be kidding, right?
I turn on my smartphone to Zune, I get the update to 7.8 and now you come tell me that it's my fault and the other users that have linked to zune?
We should have blocked the update from Nokia and have stayed with the 7.5?

is that I will not bother to tell you anything ...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
2grimus6

Not kidding, did you check on the support page for your phone before you posted ?

Mine used to say 7.8 and now says 7.5. ( Nokia 710 )

7.8 is faulty and the update has been withdrawn.

I suggest you revert back to 7.5 as the "Live Tile" problem can cause high data usage.

Easy to do if a restore point was created by Zune.

Never said it was your fault.

Its not my fault Nokia did not inform you, I am not Nokia. Please do not shoot the messenger.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
LTamas

2grimus6 wrote:

Not kidding, did you check on the support page for your phone before you posted ?

Mine used to say 7.8 and now says 7.5. ( Nokia 710 )

7.8 is faulty and the update has been withdrawn.

I suggest you revert back to 7.5 as the "Live Tile" problem can cause high data usage.

Easy to do if a restore point was created by Zune.

Never said it was your fault.

Its not my fault Nokia did not inform you, I am not Nokia. Please do not shoot the messenger.

Thank you very much for this information. Do you know whether there is any way to revert back to WP7.5 if there is no restore point created by Zune? Unfortunately, I've reinstalled the system on my computer since the WP7.8 update and I lost the restore point created by Zune. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
2grimus6

A lot of people seem to have used a Care Centre to upgrade due to the non appearance of 7.8 and no input from Nokia as to why.

For you, and them the only option as far as I know is to get a Care Centre to re-install 7.5

Unpining all live tiles until a fix is released, may be wise. A hassle but the route I would take.

Have requested, on another thread for Nokia to advise what those who already have upgraded to 7.8 should do, but no responce from them.

I find no customer service is less frustrating than lip service customer service. This forum without participation from Nokia is lip service at its worst. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
emilygreen

Hi folks,

Microsoft has identified a minor issue in the Windows Phone 7.8 update and have temporarily paused delivery until it’s addressed. We’ll have more information as it becomes available.

If my post helped you, please don't forget to click on the "White Star" and if it resolved your issue click on "Accept as Solution" :smileywink:

Nokia Lumia 920 Nokia Asha 308 Nokia 808 PureView 
Please use plain text.
Advisor
LTamas

emilygreen wrote:

Hi folks,

Microsoft has identified a minor issue in the Windows Phone 7.8 update and have temporarily paused delivery until it’s addressed. We’ll have more information as it becomes available.

Hello,

could you please provide us any information about the low volume problem?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
pjfagulha

There is something here that is failing me!!
any branded windows phone has sound operational
only nokia has this problem and you guys are still talking about an update from microsoft!!

Friends here in this topic the problem has to be solved by nokia not by MicroSoft

The HTC does not have this sound problem.

Please do not run away with your "tail" to the syringe.

Please use plain text.
SupremeWeaponX

Thats great and all, but what are we supposed to do if we already did the update? Some sort of fix or patch should be made available!? Also using recover  seems like a solution, but won't I lose all my information from after I did the update?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
2grimus6

If you do not revert back to 7.5 there is a chance of very high data which for some would prove costly. How high that chance is who knows, as you can see Nokia is saying nothing. All I would say that if Microsoft pulled it, it is probably safer not to use it. From what little I have read Microsoft have not even committed to a fix, so any chance of getting a working 7.8 in the next two months is very low. And even less chance of your audio problem being addressed. Be nice to be proved wrong of course. The only thing I can say for sure is this is my last Nokia phone, unless they give all 7.5 owners a new Windows 8 phone. Got to be carefull as thats how rumours start.
Please use plain text.